NCL Encore.

SailorMan20

Hello Y'all. 4 Days ago I booked My first ever cruise with the NCL Encore out of Miami. I am very pumped but it's 532 days away from Today. Do any of Y'all have future cruises booked on the NCL Encore out of Miami? I need hotel and attractions ideas?

We always stay at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. It is right near a free elevated train station  that you can

take to Bayside Market and a complex of museums among other things. This next trip we are going

to take a cab to either Jungle World or the Seaquarium. Have a great cruise.

For Miami hotel and attraction info check on the Florida Departures board.   Lots of info.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

To find people on your sailing click on "find your roll call" at the top of the page.  Since you are so far out there may not be one and if so you can start the Roll Call.

Congratulations on booking your first cruise. I sailed my first cruise 2 years ago this week... I've got my fourth cruise booked on Encore out of Miami in November this year.  

As mentioned above, check out the Roll Calls section of the boards to find others on your sailing, and also the Ports of Call boards will help you with Miami and also the ports your cruise will be going to. I sailed out of Miami for the first time in April this year and loved it. I spent a few nights in South Beach pre-cruise and plan to do the same in November. 

You might also want to start following this thread if you're not already doing so: https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2501283-everything-norwegian-encore-launch-nov-2019 you'll get updates on the ship's progress and see photos etc. 

Once Encore starts sailing you'll see reviews appearing here so you can find out more about the ship. 

3 hours ago, SailorMan20 said:

Hello Y'all. 4 Days ago I booked My first ever cruise with the NCL Encore out of Miami. I am very pumped but it's 532 days away from Today. Do any of Y'all have future cruises booked on the NCL Encore out of Miami? I need hotel and attractions ideas?

Us too 532 days to go there is a roll call already.   Really looking forward to the Encore after our T.A. on the Epic and a few days in Puerto Rico 

11 minutes ago, deniseatnycs said:

Us too 532 days to go there is a roll call already.   Really looking forward to the Encore after our T.A. on the Epic and a few days in Puerto Rico 

We might be on the same dates. I am going on December 12th-19th of 2020. Next year. Are You on the same one?

2 hours ago, CazV said:

Congratulations on booking your first cruise. I sailed my first cruise 2 years ago this week... I've got my fourth cruise booked on Encore out of Miami in November this year.  

As mentioned above, check out the Roll Calls section of the boards to find others on your sailing, and also the Ports of Call boards will help you with Miami and also the ports your cruise will be going to. I sailed out of Miami for the first time in April this year and loved it. I spent a few nights in South Beach pre-cruise and plan to do the same in November. 

You might also want to start following this thread if you're not already doing so: https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2501283-everything-norwegian-encore-launch-nov-2019 you'll get updates on the ship's progress and see photos etc. 

Once Encore starts sailing you'll see reviews appearing here so you can find out more about the ship. 

My problems with online reviews is they can be slanted one way or the other.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SailorMan20 said:

My problems with online reviews is they can be slanted one way or the other.

My point was more that you'll see lots of photos of the ship... irrespective of any review type commentary. 🙂 

18 minutes ago, CazV said:

My point was more that you'll see lots of photos of the ship... irrespective of any review type commentary. 🙂 

Oh Cool. I wished I had more time to keep up with it. I really wished the go cart track wasn't part of the plan. I wished there was gonna be a Basketball Court on it. I love playing Basketball.

We are on the first Encore out Miami in November.  We always stay at a Marriott in Miami.  There 3 different ones within walking distance of each other.  Shuttle to the hotel from airport.  $22 to the cruise on a taxi or free via shuttle to terminal.  We will let you know of the ship once we get on the ship

hello I went around the same time in 2011 (december 17th) on the Epic and stayed at the Doubletree Biscayne Bay which was really nice- it was in a condo building with several floors of being a hotel. It was fairly close to the port only a few miles via cab. 

If I went back to Miami I would stay there or the intercontinental

Holiday Inn downtown Miami is probably closest to the port.  Its also across the street from Bayside Market place which is mega tourist trap destination anyone coming to Miami.  You can walk across the street for shopping and restaurants.

If you don't want to stay downtown, there are less expensive hotels just west near the airport off 836 and ALL have shuttles to the port of Miami.  If you are just staying the night and not into exploring Miami I would save the money and book one of the hotels out by the airport.

1 hour ago, dpepper64 said:

We are on the first Encore out Miami in November.  We always stay at a Marriott in Miami.  There 3 different ones within walking distance of each other.  Shuttle to the hotel from airport.  $22 to the cruise on a taxi or free via shuttle to terminal.  We will let you know of the ship once we get on the ship

We're on the same sailing 😊