Friday Shuttle Option to Cocoa Beach Hotel

Haveuseen1

We ( qty of 2 ) will fly into MCO  ( September ) on Friday around 4pm.  Booking a hotel in the Cape Canaveral / Cocoa Beach area.  Trying to figure out a good way to get to the hotel.  Looked at a one way rental and that looks to be around 100.00 +/- a little ( Gas, taxes, one way fee ).  Checked Uber and the estimate says 60.00 but I have found that Uber estimates can be way off.  Anyone had any experience doing this ? If so can you share what you did? How it went? Suggestions?

we have used Cortrans shuttle in the past and they are awesome!  We stayed in Orlando and they picked us up in the morning and took us to cruiseport and then from cruiseport to MCO after cruise.  Our ship arrived very late and Jaime (the owner) arranged for a different shuttle to take us to MCO for no extra charge to get us to the airport on time! I would trust them again any time!

I am not sure if they go directly from MCO to Cape Canaveral hotels or just from Orlando hotels so check website, however they have been great with customer service for us!

If you look on the Florida departures board, you'll find more answers. But we've used Cocoa Beach shuttles for over 10 years now. No problems, usually only have to wait about 20 minutes for them to get there after we get our luggage and it's the least expensive for us. And we'll do a R/T booking, so when we return from the cruise, they're there to pick us up too. We don't like to rent the car because when we land, we just want to sit back and relax, not drive through traffic.

We used Joe's Airport Taxi a couple of years ago, and I highly recommend him. Joe was at the airport waiting when we landed, helped us with luggage, and had bottled water in the van for us. We were staying in Cocoa Beach, and his rate was only $35 for the two of us. 

Edited by mikenbon
Typo

We have used Cortrans as well, very reliable and reasonably priced. 

3 hours ago, Haveuseen1 said:

but I have found that Uber estimates can be way off. 

We find the estimates extremely accurate. You just have to look out for heavy usage times like the end of concerts they raise the price, but the do warn you before your order. 

15 hours ago, Haveuseen1 said:

We ( qty of 2 ) will fly into MCO  ( September ) on Friday around 4pm.  Booking a hotel in the Cape Canaveral / Cocoa Beach area.  Trying to figure out a good way to get to the hotel.  Looked at a one way rental and that looks to be around 100.00 +/- a little ( Gas, taxes, one way fee ).  Checked Uber and the estimate says 60.00 but I have found that Uber estimates can be way off.  Anyone had any experience doing this ? If so can you share what you did? How it went? Suggestions?

Cocoa Beach Shuttle...

Something else to look at if you wanted to rent a car:  that website that is HOT and WIREd (look at the caps).  I've used it 3 times now to rent my car rather than through a specific company.   Just the end of May, over Memorial Day weekend, I got a Kia Sportage (the suv that I actually own!!) for 6 days for $145 all-in.   I've used that site for rentals in San Juan, twice in Orlando and it's always been good.  I ended up with Budget in San Juan, Sixt and Budget in Orlando.  Sometimes it is cheaper, sometimes it isn't.  But, it doesn't hurt to look.