Canada/New England Questions

tromvest

We are considering taking a Canada/New England cruise in the next year or so. I noticed that the cruises in 2019 leave out of Cape Liberty vs. Boston in 2020. Why did Celebrity decide to  not leave out of New York City?  We are also looking at either of the cruises that leave at the end of September or beginning of October. Typically, what would be the better time of year to see the leaves change color? End of September or the beginning to middle of October?

Not sure why Celebrity has changed a successful program.  I've taken the 14-day New England/Canada cruise five times.  It appears the cruise has been shortened to 12 days and some offerings leave Quebec City early in the morning.  This is a shame.  Boston seems to be 'hot' at this time perhaps that's why the Cape Liberty cruises a sparse. 

We are sailing Oct 6 and chose that date hoping for red leaves.  We thought the cruise would drop in price from when we booked but it has only gone up and our category has been sold out for some time.  Seems to be popular, so I am surprised, too, that it has been shortened.

We did the Celebrity Summit New England trip in 2013 and it was also out of Bayonne then.   I'd like sailing out of Boston, but really can't see much advantage to sailing out of New York vs. Bayonne. 

We're doing this cruise again this year (Sept. 22) and it's also 14 nights, not 12 - it really is too bad if they cut it down to 12.   I'll bet the price hasn't gone down in the same proportion as the days!    It will be too early for much leaf color at the beginning of our trip, but hopefully by the end, there might be a little.   Our overnight in Quebec leaves at 3:30pm the second day.   

Edited by Kartgv

1 hour ago, Kartgv said:

it really is too bad if they cut it down to 12.   I'll bet the price hasn't gone down in the same proportion as the days!

Celebrity have to pay for ‘Refurbishment ‘ of Summit some way.

4 hours ago, tromvest said:

We are considering taking a Canada/New England cruise in the next year or so. I noticed that the cruises in 2019 leave out of Cape Liberty vs. Boston in 2020. Why did Celebrity decide to  not leave out of New York City?  We are also looking at either of the cruises that leave at the end of September or beginning of October. Typically, what would be the better time of year to see the leaves change color? End of September or the beginning to middle of October?

Boston is a really nice city to depart from.  As for the foliage, the peak in New England is usually the first two weeks in October.    The color change will move from Maine to the south.  The cool nights help the color.