Recent Timing On Shareholder Fax Acknowledgement

sue1898

I faxed my shareholder info last Tuesday and requested an email acknowledgement. Typically I have gotten a response within 24 hours. So far, no response. Please let me know your recent timing on hearing that they got your fax. Thanks.

1 hour ago, sue1898 said:

I faxed my shareholder info last Tuesday and requested an email acknowledgement. Typically I have gotten a response within 24 hours. So far, no response. Please let me know your recent timing on hearing that they got your fax. Thanks.

Faxed ours last week on Sunday, still had no answer on Wednesday and emailed, normally after the fax, confirmation was within the hour.

They had not received it, so emailed the fax and the proof that it was sent. Received almost immediately the confirmation and updated cruise confirmation with the added OBC.

1 hour ago, Alphen said:

Faxed ours last week on Sunday, still had no answer on Wednesday and emailed, normally after the fax, confirmation was within the hour.

They had not received it, so emailed the fax and the proof that it was sent. Received almost immediately the confirmation and updated cruise confirmation with the added OBC.

We faxed our shareholder information for the first time yesterday and asked for email confirmation, which we have not received yet.  The sheet we have says to mail or fax the info, but no email is listed.  Can you tell me what email you are using to ask if they have received the fax?  Thank you!

1 hour ago, SarahCBL said:

We faxed our shareholder information for the first time yesterday and asked for email confirmation, which we have not received yet.  The sheet we have says to mail or fax the info, but no email is listed.  Can you tell me what email you are using to ask if they have received the fax?  Thank you!

I used the standard contact form on the website this time and got almost instant reply

I always fax and it has always been taken care of within hours.

right now is the Grand bookings, etc. Which just opened so it may be taking up their time.  

And now, to transfer a cruise, the email goes to them as well.  They may be getting swamped.  Just a thought.

The fax should be on one page with your shareholder proof on half of the page and your personal information on the second half of the page with your name, booking #, dates, ship, etc. and your e-mail address asking them to e-mail confirmation of OBC.   No cover sheet since two pages can be separated ....all information on one page.  Try faxing to last years fax # 206-270-6080 since the current # was not working previously this year.

Edited by oaktreerb

8 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

Faxes?  Do they still accept carrier pigeons and smoke signals, too?

These days faxes do not need to involve paper at the recipient's send. They are electronically stored in the recipient's computer system.

6 hours ago, caribill said:

These days faxes do not need to involve paper at the recipient's send. They are electronically stored in the recipient's computer system. 

We switched to one of these systems 5 or 6 years ago.  You use your email to "fax" a document to the recipient.  The two times I tried, the recipients received a big black box instead of any text (and others were having the same experience, so it wasn't user error).  I wonder if those who are having issues at HAL are having the same thing happen.  Our software vendor could never explain what the issue was.  They surmised it was on the recipients' end but who knows?  We still get a fax in our electronic inbox every once in a blue moon but otherwise have moved solely to email & attachments.  We no longer even publish our fax numbers.