What is the empty space next to the closet for?

luvcdays

Ok, we give.  Does anyone know what the empty floor to ceiling space in between one of the nightstands and closet is for??  There are no shelves in it.  We did see that one person put a piece of luggage there, but in rough seas it could just roll out of the niche.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, luvcdays said:

Ok, we give.  Does anyone know what the empty floor to ceiling space in between one of the nightstands and closet is for??  There are no shelves in it.  We did see that one person put a piece of luggage there, but in rough seas it could just roll out of the niche.

Thank you.

We've been on Reflection 5 times....don't remember a niche.  Which cabin category?  Do you have a photo?

Edited by oceangoer2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

We've been on Reflection 5 times....don't remember a niche.  Which cabin category?  Do you have a photo?

2C   I don't have a photo.  I found a you tube video review of stateroom 6293 that showed it.

8 hours ago, HeddaGarbled said:

Is it just so that the bed is far enough away from the wardrobe for you to be able to open the doors?

If they had just installed a couple of shelves in it, then it would be useful!?!?

Thanks for everyone's replies...

29 minutes ago, luvcdays said:

Thank you.  Just an open area for dirty clothes?

Just got off Reflection in April and w were in AQUA.   I do not remember a niche like that.  The fact it makes no sense does not surprise me.

Found it! 

That's where you store your ice hockey sticks. Didn't they tell you the the Reflection is geting an ice rink. Until that happens I use it to store my fishing poles. Great fishing of the balcony in 6293. Just be sure to cast way out.😀 

20 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Found it! 

That's where you store your ice hockey sticks. Didn't they tell you the the Reflection is geting an ice rink. Until that happens I use it to store my fishing poles. Great fishing of the balcony in 6293. Just be sure to cast way out.😀 

I hadn't heard that!  I was going to bring my water skis to put there!!

Is this your video?

22 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

The storage unit over the head of the bed has legs.  The "niche" is between the leg on one side and the closet door opening on the other.  Isn't it that simple?

It is simple, and a waste of space...

15 minutes ago, luvcdays said:

I hadn't heard that!  I was going to bring my water skis to put there!!

Is this your video?

Or your ski jumping skis. Down the side of the funnel and........⛷️

Not my video, just some google guy.

Edited by DirtyDawg

2 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

How so?  I don't think it was done that way on purpose but was a circumstance of adding the over-the-bed storage unit.

Shelves or hooks would work in there...

56 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If you are talking  about the space between the nightstand and closet If that space wasn’t there getting into the closet would be impossible .

Yikes!  Definitely one of the smallest closets I have ever seen on a cruise ship.

3 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

The storage unit over the head of the bed has legs.  The "niche" is between the leg on one side and the closet door opening on the other.  Isn't it that simple?

This.  And you will note that with the bed by the balcony, that space doesn't exist because the storage is still above the bed.

enhance

Or you might consider it as existing right by the balcony...

enhance

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 1

^Exactly.  Hooks or shelves would be in the way of the curtains for the balcony in that situation. 

I don't really understand the sentiment that it's wasted space any more so than the space between, say, the trash can and the desk. I suppose you could attach shelves to anything, but is it really that necessary? 

10 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

This.  And you will note that with the bed by the balcony, that space doesn't exist because the storage is still above the bed.

enhance

Or you might consider it as existing right by the balcony...

enhance

Neither of these pics show I am talking about.  This room has a complete different set up.  If I can find a pic, I will post it.   Thanks for trying though.