New Seaside Yacht Club Menus video link

psmarkle

We sail next week for our 2d time in Seaside Yacht Club.  I do notice with the new menus, there seems to be a risotto dish each night...and I love a good risotto!

Last year, we truly enjoyed the YC restaurant and our wait staff went out of their way to get us something we each liked.  I had the "everyday menu" filet mignon 2 nights because it was sooo good and prepared just right. Food is an opinionated topic, so just sharing mine.  I did not have a bad meal the whole cruise, had a couple of dishes that were just good, but our waiter Andrei sensed that and immediately brought us something else that we enjoyed...over-the-top service!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, psmarkle said:

We sail next week for our 2d time in Seaside Yacht Club.  I do notice with the new menus, there seems to be a risotto dish each night...and I love a good risotto!

We sailed in the Seaview in late May and these menus were already in place in the YC there - and I can confirm that the risotto was delicious every single night :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kodesthemoose said:

We sailed in the Seaview in late May and these menus were already in place in the YC there - and I can confirm that the risotto was delicious every single night 🙂

Most of the items on those menus aren't new.  There's no indication that there's been an overhaul, despite the hype.  Sure, there have been tweaks - but that's nothing new.  The most radical change in menus down thru' the years was when the menus went from 7 courses to 3, where the appetisers, soups and salads choices were reduced.

• Like 1

Very nice video, thanks!

Question about the pictured veal chop. It appears to be deep fried. I had this same deep fried veal chop on the Seaside last December. I was really surprised that it was deep fried; if I had known I would not have ordered it.

Question: Is it typical in Italy to deep fry veal chops? It seemed unusual to me and not very good.

On 7/16/2019 at 1:14 AM, gtaylor said:

Thanks, but I found all the video effects very distracting.

Would much prefer just some scans/photos instead.

gary

If you are sailing MSC soon, could you please take/post pics of the new YC menus. Would be great to have them..though I realize length of cruise/homeport  means menus may change (Med vs Carib fr example)

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

It's known as Weiner Schnitzel which is German for Viennese cutlet.  Pork chops are often substituted for the veal.

I have had Wiener Schnitzel in German restaurants, but it was never a bone-in veal chop. Like I mentioned before, it was OK but I would not have ordered it if I had known that it was deep fried. I have been avoiding deep fried food for a long time now.