I want it all! Beach, tour, a BIT of shopping?

Judyrem

I have never been to St Martin and this is all very new to me!   We are on Allure and it is the only ship scheduled that day.  I am avid snorkeler but my friend is not.

I want to tour parts of the island, want to sit on the beach(I would rather snorkel, but I won't) have a light lunch a maybe shop😖( I am not a shopper, she is).

I have been MAJOR researching different non ship tours and can't seem to find the right fit for us.

Any ideas/info would be much appreciated 🙂.

What about hiring a taxi to you to Maho/Mullet Bay for a little bit then another one (or the bus) to stop in Simpson Bay for lunch at The Palms or The Greenhouse or Guayabera Beach Club then the bus or taxi back to Phillipsburg to shop.  Greenhouse and Guayabera have chairs you can also do beach time at and the food is good at both.  The Palms would be my go to but they are not on the beach so it would just be lunch.  Regardless it is very easy to get transportation back to the ship from that area, taxis and buses run very often.  

• Like 1

I'l also put in another vote for Bernard's.  We have taken his tour twice already and have it booked again for our stop in St. Maarten in December.

You get a little bit of everything and the Mailman makes the best rum punch!!!

• Like 1

Thanks all, there seems to be a consensus that Bernard's is the way to go!  It does fit our touring plans.😁

I may scope out a house/condo to rent there for a week, it looks great!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2019 at 6:37 PM, Judyrem said:

Thanks all, there seems to be a consensus that Bernard's is the way to go!  It does fit our touring plans.😁

I may scope out a house/condo to rent there for a week, it looks great!

Hi Judyrem,

I second Bernard's Tours.  I did an in-depth research for our Oasis cruise in 2011, and we had a fantastic time on his tour.  It was a full day tour and I had so many questions.  Bernard answered all my emails. 

We are sailing Harmony of the Seas in Feb 2020, and I'm booking him again for St. Martin/St. Maarten.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

We did the 5 hour SXM Tour 11 in 2011 (I think it was called something else).  Back then I think Bernard was our actual driver!  His company has certainly grown.

For our 2020 cruise, I don't need 5 hours so the 3 hour Fabulous French and Dutch tour is great, but it doesn't include a stop to Orient Beach.  I loved that beach and remember how beautiful it was.  

We only need a few minutes at Orient Beach to take some photos!

We really like Bernard's Tours, and would love to book with him again!!! I did email Bernard and he confirmed the 3 hour tour doesn't stop at Orient Beach.  Would  taxis be the only alternative?  I read the response above, but we'd rather have a tour guide.  Customized tours are too pricey for 2 people, and other tour companies offer similar itineraries, excludes Orient Beach.

Thanks!

Edited by red-dragon

Definitely go with Bernard's! We have used them every time we've been to St. Maarten. Not only do you get to spend 2-hrs at both Orient and Maho beaches (where the planes land overhead) and a tour of the island, but you get free beer, rum punch, sodas and water throughout the tour. I highly recommend their tour!