Shore Excursion Credit and Kids

dnjackson630

Hey Everyone!

I checked around but couldn't find an answer. I'll post this in the family forum as well.

We are sailing in August and have a $50 shore excursion credit. With a 5 year old and a 15 month old, I want to keep it low cost and close to the ship, so we plan to book this:

Beach, Chair & Shared Umbrella

Beach, Chair & Shared Umbrella

Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda

Take a short walk through the Royal Naval Dockyard to Snorkel Park Beach and enjoy your day at leisure. Upon arrival, you’ll choose a spot on the beach where your shared umbrella and lounge chair will be set up for you to enjoy your day. Swim, sunbathe, play volleyball or just relax on the beach.

Is it worth it to pay for my 5 year old? When I go to pay, NCL lists myself, husband, and 5 year old to pay $29 each. The 15 month old would be free. I'm assuming that we'd each get a chair with the shared umbrella, but wasn't sure.  If my husband and I book it only, I'm assuming that we'd each have a chair to share with our kids, hence the question. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance!!! 

You can pay for as many people as you want. You can't get but two chairs under the umbrella, the issue may be with transportation for the 5 year old, not so much with the chairs on the beach.

7 minutes ago, zqvol said:

You can pay for as many people as you want. You can't get but two chairs under the umbrella, the issue may be with transportation for the 5 year old, not so much with the chairs on the beach.

No transportation involved.  That particular beach is a short walk from the ship.  The website is trying to charge for 3 people.  My guess is there’s an age minimum but I would confirm the minimum age before making the purchase. Per the website, the cost is Adult $29/Child $29.

Edited by Gigi1068

17 minutes ago, zqvol said:

It's a short walk from the ship. We did this excursion before 2017 (when she was three), but not thru the ship. We purchased one chair on site, but I don't remember for how much. I figured since I have the credit, I should book thru NCL. 

Edited by dnjackson630

12 minutes ago, Gigi1068 said:

No transportation involved.  That particular beach is a short walk from the ship.  The website is trying to charge for 3 people.  My guess is there’s an age minimum but I would confirm the minimum age before making the purchase. Per the website, the cost is Adult $29/Child $29.

That's what it sounds like to me. I'll call NCL tomorrow about the age minimum.

Thanks!

When I booked a clam shell with two loungers for my wife and I on Harvest Cay I unchecked my wife and booked it for myself. Paid $29 and received the Shorex credit the next day. We encountered no problems. This was booked from our room monitor.

Edited by Skipper305

10 hours ago, dnjackson630 said:

That's what it sounds like to me. I'll call NCL tomorrow about the age minimum.

Thanks!

You should be able to call shore excursions (1-866-625-1167) and make a request for the 2 adults.  If for some reason that does not work, you can definitely make a request for 2 onboard at the shore ex desk.

Snorkel Beach? You don't need an excursion through the cruise line. You can go on your own at your leisure or decide if the 50$ shorex credit makes it worth your while. 

It's a 5$ admission each for 3 of you (15 month old free). 

And here are the current rental rates:

Beach Rentals

• Beach Chairs $10
  • Chaise Lounge $15
  • Umbrella $10
  • Day bed $35
  • Cabanas starting at $250

Water Toys

• Noodle or Small Inflatable Toys $5
  • Large Inflatable Floats & Boogie Boards $10
  • Jumbo Inflatable Floats $20
  • Kayaks (2 persons) $25 per hour or $15 for 1/2 hour
  • Single Kayak (1 person) $25 per hour or $15 for 1/2 hour
  • Pedal Boats (2/4 persons) $25/$35 per hour or $20/$30 for 1/2 hour
  • Stand Up Paddle Boards $25/hr or $15 for 1/2 hour

Edited by AlexandNessa

22 minutes ago, AlexandNessa said:

Snorkel Beach? You don't need an excursion through the cruise line. You can go on your own at your leisure or decide if the 50$ shorex credit makes it worth your while. 

Beach Rentals

• Beach Chairs $10
  • Chaise Lounge $15
  • Umbrella $10
  • Day bed $35

Water Toys

NCL excursion is a better deal for this family. They will pay about $40 and have a walkable excursion with 3 chairs and an umbrella. I am sure they'll also have a chance to rent items or perhaps pack something, especially an inflatable.

• Like 1

As mentioned by others Snorkel Beach is a short walk and you don't need to worry about the excursion "selling out". 

Just wait until you are on board and book the excursion for you and your husband ONLY.  As stated above, you can pay $5 for your son at the beach for entry.  Assuming he doesn't need a chair, this will cost you:

$29 each for you and your husband = $58

$5 for your son

Total up-front $63

less the $50 excursion credit (don't let that go to waste!)

For a grand total of $13 

If you want that extra chair for your son...pay $10 at the beach.

Have an AWESOME time!  We are on the August 11th sailing and cannot wait!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AlexandNessa said:

Beach Rentals

• Beach Chairs $10
  • Chaise Lounge $15
  • Umbrella $10
  • Day bed $35

Water Toys

Very true. I did it like that when it was myself, hubby and daughter back in 2017. The only reason I’m contemplating it now it because the credit came with my booking as we got all the offers. 

5 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

As mentioned by others Snorkel Beach is a short walk and you don't need to worry about the excursion "selling out". 

Just wait until you are on board and book the excursion for you and your husband ONLY.  As stated above, you can pay $5 for your son at the beach for entry.  Assuming he doesn't need a chair, this will cost you:

$29 each for you and your husband = $58

$5 for your son

Total up-front $63

less the $50 excursion credit (don't let that go to waste!)

For a grand total of $13 

If you want that extra chair for your son...pay $10 at the beach.

Have an AWESOME time!  We are on the August 11th sailing and cannot wait!

Smart idea! I’ll wait to book until I get on the boat, this way I’m sure I’ll be okay with the credit. I definitely don’t want to waste that! My son is the 15 month old and my daughter is 5. Sorry, I should’ve mentioned that in the original post. 😊

• Haha 1