christmas food options 17th St area

LImom

In 2016, I was looking for dinner for Dec 24 and 25 around the 17th St area as were staying at the Hyatt Place 17th St.   I made a list of restaurants in the area from different posts on CC Florida asking for restaurant names.  I emailed all the restaurants asking if they were open on Dec 24-25, their hours and about making reservations as we were 16 people.  We went to Rustic Inn Crabhouse www.rusticinn.com and the restaurant was packed.  We have been at this restaurant a few times.  We had 2 rented cars, you could use UBER, or a taxi.

MAKE a reservation!!!

If Duffy's (very near HP) isn't open ask the desk clerk at Hyatt Place for a recommendation and taxi or Uber there. There's also a Outback Steak House near by that may be open.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Roz said:

Chinese 🥡 restaurants are open in any city on Christmas Day.

Roz

Roz, we don't have a lot Chinese Restaurants like most  cities have.  I'm not a fan of Christine Wans or Rainbow Palace so PF Changs would be my first choice.  It's that bad.

To the OP, as time gets closer, you can check open table.  I know quite a few restaurants are closed.

If Rustic Inn is open, I think that is an excellent suggestion, I'd Uber there.

All hotel restaurants will be open, S3, Steak 954, Burlock Coast, etc.  All excellent.

Edited by BlueHerons

1 minute ago, BlueHerons said:

Roz, we don't have Chinese Restaurants like most  cities have.

Interesting, but I'll take your word for it.  You live there.

Roz

40 minutes ago, Roz said:

Interesting, but I'll take your word for it.  You live there.

Roz

There are definitely Chinese restaurants, just not very many and they are generally not very good. Plus they are more often than not takeout or delivery only.  We don't really have decent sit down Chinese restaurants. 

17 minutes ago, BNBR said:

There are definitely Chinese restaurants, just not very many and they are generally not very good. Plus they are more often than not takeout or delivery only.  We don't really have decent sit down Chinese restaurants. 

Interesting....this surprises me since there are so many transplants from NY and New Jersey in Ft. Lauderdale.  Scratch the Chinese idea. 😄

Roz

On 7/28/2019 at 6:45 PM, Roz said:

Interesting....this surprises me since there are so many transplants from NY and New Jersey in Ft. Lauderdale.  Scratch the Chinese idea. 😄

Roz

That may be true in areas however we don't have a lot of Asian people here.

People think South Florida is diverse.  It isn't.

• Like 1