OK I KNOW THIS IS DUMB BUT......

plunker

On 7/29/2019 at 2:45 PM, voljeep said:

I saw a little girl - maybe 7 or 8 - get out of a pool, come over to her family table beside us, SEMI-SQUAT and PEE right on the concrete, then go back to the pool ... NO, it wasn't her suit dripping ... it was a stream, and it was yellow

it was on our one and never again BARNIVAL cruise ...

i'll just leave that little nugget right here ...

At least she got out of the pool. lol

This can and I'm sure does happen on all cruise lines.

On 7/29/2019 at 3:32 PM, Laurie S. said:

I love Carnival and am Platinum with them.  It is a fun cruise line and the people generally are much friendlier than I have encountered on HAL or Princess.  I'm in the reverse position as you.  We wanted another Carnival Journeys cruise along the Mexican Riviera, but they aren't offering one.  So, we booked with Princess and I'm bit worried about the crowd.   But, we cruise to dive and sing karaoke, so we should be okay. 

That's exactly why I cruise more on Carnival now. Friendlier passengers, young and old.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 8:06 AM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

We’ve sailed quite a bit on Princess and have seen Carnival ships in port with us many times. Last Feb the Carnival Inspiration was in Ensenada with us. Our aft facing balcony was facing the aft of Inspiration. There was a group of young adults hanging out screaming “chug, chug, chug” loud enough for us to very clearly hear them. We cracked up and said we were glad ships like Carnival exist so there is a place for folks like that to be amongst others who enjoy that sort of stuff. 

I had a really hard time convincing my sister to cruise with me as her only experience was a family cruise on Carnival in the Caribbean.  She reported seeing some pretty wild behavior by PAX on the ship. Ultimately she sailed with me on Princess and loved it. 

Anecdotal evidence proves nothing, but I’d err on the side of caution and not choose Carnival. 

I agree stay on Carnival.  

On 7/29/2019 at 1:32 PM, Laurie S. said:

I love Carnival and am Platinum with them.  It is a fun cruise line and the people generally are much friendlier than I have encountered on HAL or Princess.  I'm in the reverse position as you.  We wanted another Carnival Journeys cruise along the Mexican Riviera, but they aren't offering one.  So, we booked with Princess and I'm bit worried about the crowd.   But, we cruise to dive and sing karaoke, so we should be okay. 

Don't be scared. 😂

23 hours ago, K.T.B. said:

The bolded part of your comment (which I bolded) worries me about Princess now....  IMHO, the food on Carnival was average at its best, but it's been below average my last 2 cruises with them.  However, I don't cruise for the food.

IMO, the best thing about Carnival is its very relaxed atmosphere.  But if you like really good food, you may get lucky in the dining room. one or two nights. And I hope Princess is far better than that!

I, too, very much enjoy the relaxed atmosphere on Carnival.  

I haven't cruised Carnival in recent years.  In the last two years, we cruised Royal Caribbean once and Princess five times.  Food may be another cutback Carnival is experiencing.  For the 21 times I did cruise Carnival, we enjoyed MDR dining very much, also their outlets like Blue Iguana and Guy's Burgers.  Not crazy about the buffet on any of them.  

On 8/12/2019 at 7:37 AM, plunker said:

I would say 70 percent of the time I'm excited to be trying the horizon and looking forward to a new experience.   But 30 percent of the time I freak out and go back to the princess website and look at August 2020 cruises again to make sure I'm not missing a Caribbean cruise even tho I know there aren't any. Lol

Since your deposit is non-refundable, I assume you booked under "Early Saver."  Keep a close eye on fares.  If they drop for your specific room category, get a screen shot and submit a form with them to get an OBC for the difference.  We booked very early for one Carnival Hawaiian cruise and ended up with $750 OBC because of price drops.  Carnival tends to run promotions / offer lower fares much earlier than Princess does, so keep watching.  

46 minutes ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

I, too, very much enjoy the relaxed atmosphere on Carnival.  

I haven't cruised Carnival in recent years.  In the last two years, we cruised Royal Caribbean once and Princess five times.  Food may be another cutback Carnival is experiencing.  For the 21 times I did cruise Carnival, we enjoyed MDR dining very much, also their outlets like Blue Iguana and Guy's Burgers.  Not crazy about the buffet on any of them.  

It's definitely been cut back.  

My 2015 cruise was the worst experience I've ever had.  I found out later that 3/4 of the crew members were on their final cruise before heading though, so service was not up to snuff.  (Except for the bartender at the lobby bar.  She was awesome!)  So I took that as a "one off".

Unfortunately. my most recent cruise with them back in March wasn't too good either.  Good service, not great, except for the dining room where the service was excellent.  The food did not match up to the service though.  Even Guy's Burgers was bad.  There was a whole litany of things that were just "off" on that cruise, plus we have the unfortunate luck in having our cabin in the middle of a large family who had at least 6 cabins (that we knew of).  They were very loud.....  So that added (subtracted?) to it.

I'm not trying to run down Carnival, I'll always recommend them to people who want to try cruising or want to experience something different.  It's just no longer for me or my wife.

On 7/29/2019 at 9:28 AM, Globehoppers said:

Stay away from Carnival, especially with teenagers.  Better to try a Royal Caribbean offering or step up a notch to Celebrity or similar.

I totally agree. We did one Carnival when my sons were 17 and 16. The teen center was open 24 ours a day with a crew member in there about 4 hours a day and the times were posted.  I shudder to think about what can go on in there when no one is there. I realize that things happen on land as well, but,  maybe I am just used to the way Princess deals with their teen center.

• Haha 1