Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

Voyager of the Seas has a new booking in Hong Kong 11 June 2021 Transit.

The bookings in Darwin, Cairns. Brisbane and Honolulu are still in place for the Singapore to Los Angeles via Sydney contradict this bookings. Darwin 01 June and Sydney 10 June 2021. 

Sydney bookings not visible ATM. 

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Voyager of the Seas has a new booking in Hong Kong 11 June 2021 Transit.

The bookings in Darwin, Cairns. Brisbane and Honolulu are still in place for the Singapore to Los Angeles via Sydney contradict this bookings. Darwin 01 June and Sydney 10 June 2021. 

Sydney bookings not visible ATM. 

A contingency plan in case Australia's ports are inaccessible or have onerous entry requirements, perhaps? 

1 hour ago, FlowBroTy said:

Ok I Wonder if this Virus Has Any Affect On Voyager Dry Dock?  

Pretty sure all exurbs are on hold.  It would be the height of foolishness to spend money in that way.  Plus, they did half of voyager already anyway.  If they are sending her to Australia they won’t spend a penny on her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

Voyager just got out of Dry Dock late 2019, is there another one planed?

They did a half baked one for the Australian market. It was close to being notorious it was so reviled.  The plan was always to finish it later. I doubt that's happening anytime soon. 

46 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Quantum of the Seas has appeared in the Honolulu port calendar arriving Oct 13, 2021 and departing on the 14th.  

She has not appeared in any of the other Hawaiian ports yet.  

This is consistent with the "Unnamed Vessel" booking in Sydney on Nov 2.

Looks like the other bookings showing this ship arriving in Australia from the west are obsolete. 

10 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

This is consistent with the "Unnamed Vessel" booking in Sydney on Nov 2.

Looks like the other bookings showing this ship arriving in Australia from the west are obsolete. 

Those bookings still exist in the name of Ovation in Fremantle, Adelaide and Hobart late October 2021. 

44 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Those bookings still exist in the name of Ovation in Fremantle, Adelaide and Hobart late October 2021. 

Yes, and the Hobart entry shows Sydney as the next port, correspong with the Unnamed Vessel arriving in Sydney on Nov 2.  It looks to me that those bookings are from a previous plan that has been abandoned, and replaced with Quantum. 

Do you think Royal still intends to use those Freo, Adelaide and Hobart bookings?  

On 4/15/2020 at 7:39 AM, geoff2802 said:

Yes, and the Hobart entry shows Sydney as the next port, correspong with the Unnamed Vessel arriving in Sydney on Nov 2.  It looks to me that those bookings are from a previous plan that has been abandoned, and replaced with Quantum. 

Do you think Royal still intends to use those Freo, Adelaide and Hobart bookings?  

Geoff I think we will just have to keep checking those bookings. When one port disappears we can assume that path is not getting used.

Did you notice Radiance is on different dates in Darwin, Cairns and Brisbane?  Radiance now arrives Brisbane 29 October 2020 instead of 16 November 2020. 

I doubt we will see Serenade in OZ 20/21 season. My guess is Serenade will start with Alaska 2021 season. 

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Geoff I think we will just have to keep checking those bookings. When one port disappears we can assume that path is not getting used.

Did you notice Radiance is on different dates in Darwin, Cairns and Brisbane?  Radiance now arrives Brisbane 29 October 2020 instead of 16 November 2020. 

I doubt we will see Serenade in OZ 20/21 season. My guess is Serenade will start with Alaska 2021 season. 

I hadn't seen these changes to Radiance bookings - thx.  Shortened dry dock in Singapore for mandatory inspections only; no cosmetics or refurbishment?  The new Brisbane terminal seems to be coming along nicely.  

If Royal see a good chance of running a full (or near full) 20/21 season in Australia, even with restrictions, I think they will bring Serenade.  If it looks less likely, then I agree with you.   I'm sure they'd be happy to pay for Australian health officials to be on board for the run across the Pacific to prove she is free of Wuhan flu before arriving in Australia.  Currently floating around Caribbean, so it's through the PC and straight across the Pacific with no passengers and no calls in US jurisdiction.  Demand will be way down and smaller ships will be more practical than larger ones plus there is lower perceived risk.  She would not necessarily go to Melbourne - she could stand in for a larger ship in Sydney for example.  

Just guessing.... thoughts?  

RCCL seem to dragging the chain on the remaining deployments for '21-'22.

I don't understand this as surely there are a sigificant number of people wanting to book or rebook this year's cancelled cruises for that period.

Don't they need the cash flow from the deposits?

2 minutes ago, banzaii said:

I don't understand this as surely there are a sigificant number of people wanting to book or rebook this year's cancelled cruises for that period.

Don't they need the cash flow from the deposits?

I’m sure they would love to release them, my guess is they are holding off because they don’t know how this is all going to play out. It’s quite possible that demand in certain areas is going to drop considerably so they might have to rethink deployment s

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

I’m sure they would love to release them, my guess is they are holding off because they don’t know how this is all going to play out. It’s quite possible that demand in certain areas is going to drop considerably so they might have to rethink deployment s

We are talking about cruises at least 17 months away.  Other lines including those run by RCI have released their deployments beyond that.

They wont know what demand there is if they don't release.

Edited by banzaii

2 minutes ago, banzaii said:

We are talking about cruises at least 17 months away.  Other lines including those run by RCI have released their deployments beyond that.

Yes I’m aware. 

That’s just my guess can’t think of any other reason why they would have changed it just to “coming soon” as soon as the pandemic started. I feel they are just trying to limit any possible deployment changes in the future, just my thoughts

I actually thought that the 'coming soon' was the right move at the time.  But now the cancellations are getting further into the future and cruise with confidence is now just short of the equivalent itineraries for this year, the ability to replace a cruise is curtailed.

I have an itinerary booked for this September that was 3 years in planning.  Everything was coming together nicely.  I'd love to be able to take this cruise but I'm a realist and even if RCCL are back up and running, the ports may still be closed. 

At this point, i have no ability to book a back-up for the following year and will need to make a decision prior to final payment in June.  Without a plan from RCI on deployment, my options are severely limited. 

I'm certain I'm not alone.

Edited by banzaii

4 hours ago, banzaii said:

They have a good excuse for Wonder - they might not know when she's coming off the assembly line for a while.

4 hours ago, banzaii said:

Royal Caribbean has always had a history of releasing deployment later than other lines and there are many factors that have influenced this decision. 

Australia 2020 sailings were released in March of 2019 and Australia 2019 sailings were released in April of 2018. 

These release dates were under normal business conditions. RCL uses the same department for deployment of Celebrity, Azamara and then RCI. I would not be surprised if much of this department was recently furloughed, most likely on a 90 day leave of absence. This has been very common throughout the hospitality and tourism industry. 

The move of Quantum to Alaska was a part of the Asia and Australia decisions and would have had an affect on 2021 deployment. From what I am seeing on port schedules this was the last move by RCL in February and I have seen no new port bookings or cancellations since that time. I do not know the situation with the operation of the department that handles deployment for all RCL ships. 

I would think that extended delays under these special circumstances would not be unexpected. 

19 hours ago, Biker19 said:

They have a good excuse for Wonder - they might not know when she's coming off the assembly line for a while.

19 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Royal Caribbean has always had a history of releasing deployment later than other lines and there are many factors that have influenced this decision. 

Australia 2020 sailings were released in March of 2019 and Australia 2019 sailings were released in April of 2018. 

These release dates were under normal business conditions. RCL uses the same department for deployment of Celebrity, Azamara and then RCI. I would not be surprised if much of this department was recently furloughed, most likely on a 90 day leave of absence. This has been very common throughout the hospitality and tourism industry. 

The move of Quantum to Alaska was a part of the Asia and Australia decisions and would have had an affect on 2021 deployment. From what I am seeing on port schedules this was the last move by RCL in February and I have seen no new port bookings or cancellations since that time. I do not know the situation with the operation of the department that handles deployment for all RCL ships. 

I would think that extended delays under these special circumstances would not be unexpected. 

Not disagreeing with anything you guys have said (except that 2020 Australian sailings were released on 2 April 2019).

I am just surprised there is not more urgency to release the deployment and start taking deposits.  

Maybe there should just be an assumption that Wonder will not be ready maintain status quo for 2021.

1 minute ago, banzaii said:

Not disagreeing with anything you guys have said (except that 2020 Australian sailings were released on 2 April 2019).

I am just surprised there is not more urgency to release the deployment and start taking deposits.  

Maybe there should just be an assumption that Wonder will not be ready maintain status quo for 2021.

I might be wrong, but I heard Meyer Werft could be looking at cutting down to 1 large ship and 1 small ship per year, instead of the current 2 large ships and 1 small ship per year. 

If Wonders shipyard in Saint Nazaire decide to do the same, RCL are going to either prioritise Celebrity Beyond or Wonder Of The Seas. I wonder which they would choose, compelling arguments to get each completed before the other. 

2 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

I might be wrong, but I heard Meyer Werft could be looking at cutting down to 1 large ship and 1 small ship per year, instead of the current 2 large ships and 1 small ship per year. 

If Wonders shipyard in Saint Nazaire decide to do the same, RCL are going to either prioritise Celebrity Beyond or Wonder Of The Seas. I wonder which they would choose, compelling arguments to get each completed before the other. 

That would be an interesting decision to make.

I also don't think any cruise line will be in a financial position to build all the ships they had planned for at best several years.  I wonder how airtight the existing commitments / contracrs are.  I'd imagine ships already in the ship yard at the very least, will need to honoured.

The only way is to trade out of the current situation and they can't do that if they don't show some confidence in their future.  Not working out even a modified deployment for Australian summer 2021-22 is not instlling a great deal of faith in the company.

1 hour ago, banzaii said:

Not working out even a modified deployment for Australian summer 2021-22 is not instlling a great deal of faith in the company.

With the current focus on eliminating COVID-19 in New Zealand and Australia and not just mitigating the virus as is being done in the United States, I would really not be surprised if New Zealand especially might not even open to cruising in 2021. Cruise travel will certainly be the last form of international travel to be restored to New Zealand. 

Under these conditions, I see no rush for Royal Caribbean to release the 2021-22 season, especially since there is currently severe doubt that most of the sailings will sail and may be restricted and potentially cancelled. While cruise lines would love to have business as usual, there is no way that is going to happen. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/world/australia/new-zealand-coronavirus.html

2 hours ago, MADflyer said:

With the current focus on eliminating COVID-19 in New Zealand and Australia and not just mitigating the virus as is being done in the United States, I would really not be surprised if New Zealand especially might not even open to cruising in 2021. Cruise travel will certainly be the last form of international travel to be restored to New Zealand. 

Under these conditions, I see no rush for Royal Caribbean to release the 2021-22 season, especially since there is currently severe doubt that most of the sailings will sail and may be restricted and potentially cancelled. While cruise lines would love to have business as usual, there is no way that is going to happen. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/world/australia/new-zealand-coronavirus.html

If anything, the flattening of the curve in both Aust & NZ should provide an ideal platform for the return of cruising.  There have already been discussions about reopening the boarders between our 2 countries.  Win back the trust of the pacific island chiefs and cruising could be back to normal within months down here.  It has to restart somewhere!

However, the big issue is that after the Ruby Princess debarcle in NZ and then Aust, cruising is being demonised by politicians and other public figures with media opportunities.  So the big factor might not be the ships or ports but the staff.  A clear indication that RCI is committed to this region, is listening to our health experts and is willing to put safeguards in place, just might do the trick.

Edited by banzaii