Non-refundable deposit

51 minutes ago, Bojeanne said:

What is with the non-refundable deposits? Do these go away when the sail date gets closer or are they the new standard? Thinking of a Bermuda cruise in May 2020, but afraid of losing $500. 

You don’t lose $500.

There is a $100 pp change or cancellation fee, the balance of the deposit is issued as a future cruise credit that must be applied to a cruise within a year.

• Like 2

I I am more than 90 percent sure I am going I'll save the extra dough and take the nonrefundable deposit knowing I can use the rest of the OBC minus $100 as Future Cruise Credit within a year should my plans change. I have done Non Refundable Deposits for my upcoming Royal B2B cruises and have made Final Payments on both and know am in the Penalty period!

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You don’t lose $500.

There is a $100 pp change or cancellation fee, the balance of the deposit is issued as a future cruise credit that must be applied to a cruise within a year.

1. Can it be applied to the balance of an already planned future cruise, or does it have to be a new booking? Can it be used to pay for a cruise where you have already made full payment, so that you get the extra back as OBC?--or are you just unable to use it on one already paid for? (This would be a good reason not to ever pay a bslance before Final Payment!)

2. Can it be used to make a deposit for a new booking?

3. Are there any restrictions on timing relative to the cancelled cruise? I.e., can it be used to book a cruise far in advance of that one?

Thanks--I was hoping to find someone who seemed to understand the NRD stuff!

1 minute ago, mayleeman said:

1. Can it be applied to the balance of an already planned future cruise, or does it have to be a new booking? Can it be used to pay for a cruise where you have already made full payment, so that you get the extra back as OBC?--or are you just unable to use it on one already paid for? (This would be a good reason not to ever pay a bslance before Final Payment!)

2. Can it be used to make a deposit for a new booking?

3. Are there any restrictions on timing relative to the cancelled cruise? I.e., can it be used to book a cruise far in advance of that one?

Thanks--I was hoping to find someone who seemed to understand the NRD stuff!

Yes it can be applied to sn existing cruise 

No for deposit on a new booking

The cruise can be as far out as you want it just has to be applied within a year. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You don’t lose $500.

Do you know how long it takes to receive the FCC, and is it mailed or emailed. We canceled a cruise about two weeks ago and so far we have heard nothing.  I also read a post a while back that the FCC is sometimes sent to the TA of that booking, is that true. Thanks

3 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Do you know how long it takes to receive the FCC, and is it mailed or emailed. We canceled a cruise about two weeks ago and so far we have heard nothing.  I also read a post a while back that the FCC is sometimes sent to the TA of that booking, is that true. Thanks

I did one recently and it took just over 4 weeks. They said they had a large backlog.