never cruised MSC - awesome price?

gratamama

Hi all,

We've cruised Carnival and RC but today I see a GREAT fare on MSC Armonia. The price is so, so good. What do I need to know about MSC? Am I missing a major detail? No food or something???

Edited by gratamama

Since Cuba was removed from Armonia's itinerary, MSC is having trouble selling cabins.  Seaside is a more attractive ship.  Armonia is both old and small and doesn't have as much to offer onboard as the larger, newer ships.

• Like 2

We were on Armonia in January;  she's in great condition.  MSC is renowned for the care and cleaning of their ships.  She just doesn't have all the bells and whistles that new ships have.  There have been a few reviews of her on here (including one I did) which have been mainly positive.  We loved every minute of our time onboard.  One advantage that a small ship has over a large one is the more intimate atmosphere onboard.  The crew seem to have more time for you and, certainly on our sailing, they were keen to ensure that we were enjoying it.  If you do decide to go for it, I highly recommend that you attend the Meet & Mingle where you'll get to meet the officers.

We were on the Armonia this past May and had a great time, food was good service was great. We had the best bar service of the over 50  cruises we have taken. The ship was in good shape and we found it to be clean. We liked it so much we took advantage of the current pricing and booked to go on October 28 2019...

On 8/8/2019 at 5:07 PM, mickey89 said:

Many reviews on CC but remember ‘if you pay for beer don’t expect champagne’.

We've had some great deals with MSC and our cruises have been closer to Champagne than beer, a nice perfect Manhattan would be about right.

On 8/8/2019 at 2:07 PM, mickey89 said:

Many reviews on CC but remember ‘if you pay for beer don’t expect champagne’.

On the other side of the coin, if you pay for champagne you shouldn’t get beer. That seems to happen more and more the last several years, especially on the other mainstream lines. That’s why MSC is getting more popular and their pricing is rising.