ms Volendam in Juneau August 9, 2019

Scrapnana

3 minutes ago, Av8rix said:

I don't like the new dock(s) in Juneau.  I used to love it when we'd berth RIGHT NEXT to the library so I could just run over there to pick up email, then put the laptop back on the ship and didn't have to lug it around with me all day.

I don't think the dock placement is that different but they enlarged the dock next to the library so bigger ships can go there and HAL doesn't get it as much.  I know the crews like it because they don't need to keep moving the gangway with the tide.

Roy

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I don't think the dock placement is that different but they enlarged the dock next to the library so bigger ships can go there and HAL doesn't get it as much.  I know the crews like it because they don't need to keep moving the gangway with the tide.

Roy

You are correct, of course.  Anyway I'm outta here.  With just the panning and no zoom, this just a waste of time.  Have a great cruise.

32 minutes ago, Av8rix said:

Chuggin' up the Gastineau at a pretty good clip, nearly abeam Thane.  I'm here today (and not lurking, for a change) because I don't believe that I've ever actually seen Volendam and I'll be on her for the first time next month.

Have a wonderful cruise.  Have a great weekend everybody and lets hope for better on Monday.

Roy

• Like 1

I have been away from home today and so I missed the Sail In.  I am usually away on Friday with the quiet.  Iit means it will be nice in. to be in Juneau today as it will be relatively quiet.  Skagway will also be quiet tomorrow.