Flavoured Gins on Reflection?

madmedic

I have to admit I’m rather partial to the flavoured gins too. My favourite so far is Warner & Edwards rhubarb gin with a slice of orange and a Fever Tree tonic. 

I have tested quite a few now and the only one I’ve found that I really don’t like is Parma Violet. 🤢

14 hours ago, davekathy said:

No allowed on Celebrity. 

I did check with celebrity but no gin allowed on embarkation only wine. Suppose will have to make do with the many cocktails, bubbly and wine. Not really a hardship. ☹️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, madmedic said:

I did check with celebrity but no gin allowed on embarkation only wine. Suppose will have to make do with the many cocktails, bubbly and wine. Not really a hardship. ☹️

Yep, two 750 ml bottles of wine per stateroom. 

22 hours ago, Ozzmund said:

Our last Celebrity Cruise in April, there were no flavored gins and the only tonics I observed were Canada Dry diet and regular.

We were on the Pullmantur Horizon last year and they had flavoured gins and Fever Tree Tonic. There were 10 different gins listed on their drinks menu. My wife got hooked on a Spanish pink gin on that cruise.

We are bringing small cans (6 oz.) cans of Fevertree Tonic with us on our upcoming Symphony cruise and plan to bring them on our Equinox cruise in November too. We are fussy about our tonic, we hate gun tonic. A small can is perfect for 2 drinks and we will just bring it to the bar with us. Unfortunately the cans rather than the bottles can only be found in the UK. We ordered ours from Amazon. We are bringing both the Elderflower type and the Indian. If we can’t bring our own, we at least ask the bartender to open a can of tonic rather than using the gun. We have had success with that in the Passport Bar on previous cruises. I wish they would have the flavored gin too. I plan to experiment at home infusing some of my own.

Mary Ann

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, UFMOM said:

We are bringing small cans (6 oz.) cans of Fevertree Tonic with us on our upcoming Symphony cruise and plan to bring them on our Equinox cruise in November too. We are fussy about our tonic, we hate gun tonic. A small can is perfect for 2 drinks and we will just bring it to the bar with us. Unfortunately the cans rather than the bottles can only be found in the UK. We ordered ours from Amazon. We are bringing both the Elderflower type and the Indian. If we can’t bring our own, we at least ask the bartender to open a can of tonic rather than using the gun. We have had success with that in the Passport Bar on previous cruises. I wish they would have the flavored gin too. I plan to experiment at home infusing some of my own.

Mary Ann

Try Hendricks Midsummer Solstice with Fever Tree Cucumber Tonic. It’s fabulous! Of course you won’t get that on the ship but maybe at a bar onshore!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, scottygirl said:

Try Hendricks Midsummer Solstice with Fever Tree Cucumber Tonic. It’s fabulous! Of course you won’t get that on the ship but maybe at a bar onshore!

That sounds fabulous! Always looking for good combinations. Thanks

Mary Ann

I'm get email newsletters from a UK based monthly subscription box company(I Love Gin) and I'm very jealous that all of you overseas have easy access to so many flavored gins!  A lot of it sounds fantastic, and I hope the trend gains some traction over here in the USA very soon.  Meanwhile I have to make due with infusing my own gins at home.  Thank goodness I can get Fever Tree mixers, they're so good! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cocobakerchica said:

I'm get email newsletters from a UK based monthly subscription box company(I Love Gin) and I'm very jealous that all of you overseas have easy access to so many flavored gins!  A lot of it sounds fantastic, and I hope the trend gains some traction over here in the USA very soon.  Meanwhile I have to make due with infusing my own gins at home.  Thank goodness I can get Fever Tree mixers, they're so good! 

Each time you visit the supermarket there seems to be yet another flavour, it’s really popular at the moment. I have accumulated quite a selection though only ever have a drink when we have company. So far I have:

Rhubarb

Rhubarb & Ginger

Pink Gin

Elderflower

Rose & pomegranate 

Parma Violet....🤢

Blood Orange

Seville Orange. 

Lemon.

🍹😉

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Huskydo said:

Each time you visit the supermarket there seems to be yet another flavour, it’s really popular at the moment. I have accumulated quite a selection though only ever have a drink when we have company. So far I have:

Rhubarb

Rhubarb & Ginger

Pink Gin

Elderflower

Rose & pomegranate 

Parma Violet....🤢

Blood Orange

Seville Orange. 

Lemon.

🍹😉

Everytime I go through Heathrow Duty Free, I stock up :)  Love the Rhubarb and Ginger.  We do have the Seville Orange in Canada,  the Tanqueray version but that's about it. I make my own Grapefruit and Cardamom.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Huskydo said:

Grapefruit and cardamom sounds delicious 😋 

It's yummy, just take you gin and infuse it with grapefruit rind and a couple of cardamom seeds for about a week and then strain back into the bottle.  I keep it in the fridge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

It's yummy, just take you gin and infuse it with grapefruit rind and a couple of cardamom seeds for about a week and then strain back into the bottle.  I keep it in the fridge.

Thank you for that I will give it a go. I’ve made sloe gin often during the season but that resembles more a liqueur, delicious on a cold day following a brisk walk. 

23 hours ago, Huskydo said:

Rhubarb

Rhubarb & Ginger

Pink Gin

Elderflower

Rose & pomegranate 

Parma Violet....🤢

Blood Orange

Seville Orange. 

Lemon.

🍹😉

Now I really envy y'all across the pond!  I'm sailing in a couple weeks to Bermuda, so I hope that I can find some flavors on the duty free shelves on the island.  The Elderflower and the Pink Gin sound especially intriguing, as does the Rose & Pomegranate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cocobakerchica said:

Now I really envy y'all across the pond!  I'm sailing in a couple weeks to Bermuda, so I hope that I can find some flavors on the duty free shelves on the island.  The Elderflower and the Pink Gin sound especially intriguing, as does the Rose & Pomegranate.

Yes they are all rather lovely.

Enjoy Bermuda, I hope you discover some exciting gins 😋

• Thanks 1