Cabin Assignment

Floridiana

We have a guaranteed cabin on the Koningsdam for an October Med cruise. Can we expect to know the cabin number any time soon? Should we ask our TA to make inquiries or should we just wait and see. We never had this before and don't really know what to expect.

Very commonly discussed here cabin assignments on GTY bookings typically come under 21 days to sailing, in the 10-20 day range is probably most common. They may come out at the pier. We have gotten ours as much as 28 days in advance, but we chock those up to having a GTY booking on a Collectors Cruise, so that is a bit more complicated.

We have never done a GTY with HAL, but a few years back we had one with NCL. We were assigned a Balcony cabin about a month out; then noticed that it had been upgraded to a higher balcony a week later. Just prior to leaving for the cruise we checked online to verify the cabin number and found we had been upgraded again. Then the final surprise was when we checked in at the pier we were assigned a mini-suite. 

• Like 2

Seven of our nine HAL guarantees came at 10 or 11 days out. One was at 18 days and one at 7.

Read the Roll Call of the cruise before yours to see when they get their assignments.

Edited by catl331

We had a Guaranteed Neptune Suite on the Oosterdam in Feb. and found out our assigned cabin less than a week before sailing. Our only Guarantee on Holland America, but had two on Carnival and didn't find out until we arrived at the ports and received the same category cabin we had booked, no upgrades.

16 minutes ago, mrebro said:

I noticed on my "check in" page( 17 days out) , that I have now been changed from guarantee to HH. Will I get an actual cabin # before embarkation or just the letter classification?

You should get a cabin number. Have you tried looking at your reservation on the HAL website, or the luggage tags? Thta is where the cabin assignment typically shows up. You may also get an e mail saying something to the effect "a change has been made in your reservation".

23 minutes ago, Ariel35 said:

I booked an inside guarantee for August 31st and have not yet received a cabin assignment. 

Should it be coming soon?

Figure your assignment to come around or about 10-days before sailing. It could be a little before, or it could even be a little later. But it will come!

I booked an oceanview guarantee and received my stateroom assignment on Saturday, the 17th for the 31st sailaway. I wouldn’t have known it if I hadn’t gone to HAL website and checked my boarding pass. I didn’t receive an email.