Dasani water - soon to be sold in cans

Out of Iowa

4 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t understand your comment. There are already lots of different water brands on the market that are available in cans. 

I was thinking the samething, so i'm  thinking  maybe they only drink Dasani? 

Canned water (still, not sparkling) is not to be found in our local stores.  Nowhere.  Any brand.  The closest thing I've encountered was "juicebox-like" cartons of water at a restaurant in Dallas.  I did see it on the national news during a hurricane; a beer company switched its production to canning water to deliver to those affected by the storm.

Edited by Out of Iowa
clarity and elaboration

On 8/13/2019 at 1:52 PM, soonernstlouis said:

At $4.50/12 pack + delivery fees, probably the best deal you’ll get from Carnival.  

$4.50 a 12 pack + delivery fee times how many 12 packs per cruise? Since we're not addicted to bottled water, we each take our own Tervis tumblers (for the one time cost of $15.00 each) and refill them over and over again with the free ice and water provided by the ship. 

15 minutes ago, beachbum53 said:

$4.50 a 12 pack + delivery fee times how many 12 packs per cruise? Since we're not addicted to bottled water, we each take our own Tervis tumblers (for the one time cost of $15.00 each) and refill them over and over again with the free ice and water provided by the ship. 

Like so many other things, buying their water has a lot to do with convenience for many people. While some just use the bathroom faucet, others don't, so they buy the water to avoid making trips to Lido to get it there. I take a sports bottle and drink mostly lemonade throughout the cruise, which means making trips to Lido. I don't mind too much, but it ain't the most convenient method. We do buy one 12-pack of water. It's enough for the three of us just to have at night, to take off the ship, or whatever. And I'll bring a 12-pack of soda to split between my son & I. Despite what some will imply, there's no wrong way to do it.

35 minutes ago, beachbum53 said:

I also bring my own tumbler and fill multiple times on the Lido.  We do buy 1 12 pack, which lasts throughout the cruise for the two of us.  We take a bottle each into ports, use it at night if our cups are empty and we don't feel like walking to get cold water, etc.

19 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

We do buy 1 12 pack, which lasts throughout the cruise for the two of us.  We take a bottle each into ports, use it at night if our cups are empty and we don't feel like walking to get cold water, etc.

Yes, this. We do the same. We aren't "addicted" to bottled water and rarely buy it at home, but it is so much more convenient on a cruise, especially for the ports.

To each their own! 🙂

1 hour ago, beachbum53 said:

Probably 2 12 packs for the two of us on our 7-day/5-port cruise.  And we will take a few cold ones with us at each port as I prefer water to anything else when it’s really hot.  And I prefer carrying sealed water in a bag over carrying a Tervis that might leak.

Edited by soonernstlouis

At $4.50 a 12-pack, it really is a bargain.  We still carry on our bottles of wine and a 12-pack of soda.  Glad not to have to carry water, too!

I did look into canned water a year or so ago and you can buy it on Amazon, but WOW the price!  Sorry, just not worth it.