Cafe Select Coffee Card questions...

$31.00 for 15 drinks on Liberty of the Seas.  Is there more than one place to get specialty espresso coffee on this ship?  And also, if if I want to use almond milk instead of regular milk, is that included?  And lastly, can you get two drinks at the same time?  This actually seems like a good deal and I am afraid it's too good to be true.  

Thank you!

"Indulge in your favorite brews any time of day with a card that entitles you to any 15 specialty espresso-based coffees throughout your vacation, all for one low price. Start the morning off right with a macchiato or latte and reenergize your afternoons with iced coffee or an espresso, then finish your meal with a cappuccino. Or enjoy your favorite cup of joe any time you'd like and save up to 50% on individually purchased coffees."

12 minutes ago, rcprncss said:

$31.00 for 15 drinks on Liberty of the Seas.  Is there more than one place to get specialty espresso coffee on this ship?  And also, if if I want to use almond milk instead of regular milk, is that included?  And lastly, can you get two drinks at the same time?  This actually seems like a good deal and I am afraid it's too good to be true.  

Thank you!

"Indulge in your favorite brews any time of day with a card that entitles you to any 15 specialty espresso-based coffees throughout your vacation, all for one low price. Start the morning off right with a macchiato or latte and reenergize your afternoons with iced coffee or an espresso, then finish your meal with a cappuccino. Or enjoy your favorite cup of joe any time you'd like and save up to 50% on individually purchased coffees."

I would wait and purchase onboard.  Before you purchase ask them how many punches for a large beverage.  Some ships have been reported to use two or three punches depending on how many shots of espresso is needed. In other words, if you order large beverages, using the card may cost you more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I pre purchased the Coffee Card and was on Anthem August 1st, all iced coffee's are 1 punch, Frappuccinos do not count twords a punch and have to always be purchased.. and depending on the size of hot coffee or how many shots of coffee is the corresponding punches. When it came to milk depending on what i was drinking I asked for whole, skim or Half and Half and never had a problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rcprncss said:

JTB Cruiser, since you have been on Liberty, is there only one place to get espresso coffee?  Promenade?

Echo what Bob said.  I do buy the card when we embark as 99 times out of 100, it's the same price as buying online.  It gives me a chance to verify how many shots per size cup.  You may be surprised as they are consistently inconsistent on the number of shots per cup size. Are you on the upcoming 9 Nov sailing?

I was on the Anthem last Oct. I had purchased a coffee card mainly because I just wanted an occasional specialty coffee drink but more importantly, I wanted my creamer steamed. I would just get a cup of steamed creamer..no coffee. I would get reg coffee at the buffet drink station. I did this almost everyday in the buffet bar area and they did not punch for this. On the last day he told me they were changing it and next time I would get punched for that. Has anyone heard about this? Not sure if he was just tired of me doing this or what!

Also just making sure that last years card still works this year as long as I have punches left.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, JTBCruiser said:

Echo what Bob said.  I do buy the card when we embark as 99 times out of 100, it's the same price as buying online.  It gives me a chance to verify how many shots per size cup.  You may be surprised as they are consistently inconsistent on the number of shots per cup size. Are you on the upcoming 9 Nov sailing?

Are  you sure? I would have said 100 times out of 100.  I have never seen or heard anyone claim to have paid something other than $31 on board.

11 minutes ago, Radish4ever said:

I used a card last November on Liberty and they told me anything on the menu counted as one punch, any size.

It varies by ship. On my last sailing on Explorer in May they gave me anything, any size, including frappes for one punch. On some other ships only small for one punch.

11 hours ago, JTBCruiser said:

I am cruising before November.

On 8/20/2019 at 8:02 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Are  you sure? I would have said 100 times out of 100.  I have never seen or heard anyone claim to have paid something other than $31 on board.

I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, hoping someone would cash in, no pun intended.

hello, i finally got a response from jessica fernandez from executive office of rccl. she was kind enough to confirm that the coffee card does include 15 any coffees but if you order double shots or large to go you will get an extra punch of the card. But she did in fact confirm that my coffee of choice which is frappuccino will be only 1 punch and i will receive 15 of them on my ship Allure of the Seas. i hope that helps some of you . But that helps clear up things for me because that's what i order. Jessica actually went through the trouble to call the head barista and confirm this for me. I did send several e mails and wrote letters to clear this up. My letter didn't reach Mr. Fain but  i am satisfied with this response. By the way i did follow the proper ladder of ones job capacity from customer service  rep.,to manager of customer service ,and on to CEO. Most of the responses i received were form letters  with the same information printed on the card and then some additional data pulled from who knows where. I did purchase the card on cruise planner for my cruise.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 8:13 AM, rcprncss said:

Thank you!

The posters above are correct, they are inconsistent with the punches. They still sell it as ANY 15 espresso-based coffees, and I will continue to hold them to it each time I buy it, until they correct the wording, and then I will choose not to buy it. I have not had a problem getting the beverage manager in most cases to honor, and the one time that failed, I still purchased 15 drinks, and then when I got home I called guest services, and they refunded the difference. They admit that "each ship does it differently." Which is ridiculous. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, the mistral wind said:

hello, i finally got a response from jessica fernandez from executive office of rccl. she was kind enough to confirm that the coffee card does include 15 any coffees but if you order double shots or large to go you will get an extra punch of the card. But she did in fact confirm that my coffee of choice which is frappuccino will be only 1 punch and i will receive 15 of them on my ship Allure of the Seas. i hope that helps some of you . But that helps clear up things for me because that's what i order. Jessica actually went through the trouble to call the head barista and confirm this for me. I did send several e mails and wrote letters to clear this up. My letter didn't reach Mr. Fain but  i am satisfied with this response. By the way i did follow the proper ladder of ones job capacity from customer service  rep.,to manager of customer service ,and on to CEO. Most of the responses i received were form letters  with the same information printed on the card and then some additional data pulled from who knows where. I did purchase the card on cruise planner for my cruise.

Good Luck, I hope it works out for you, and i would take that email with me.  Although I have not been on the Allure, I can tell you 3 out of 4 ships in the last 18 months would not allow a frappuccino with the punch card.

21 hours ago, the mistral wind said:

Tha'ts great news. Thanks for sharing the response. You might have that info on your phone so when you order, if punched twice you can show them.

Could you share with the me the email address so I can ask them about if the steamed creamer would get a punch? You can private message me if needed. Thanks!

Edited by P.A.

2 hours ago, P.A. said:

Tha'ts great news. Thanks for sharing the response. You might have that info on your phone so when you order, if punched twice you can show them.

Could you share with the me the email address so I can ask them about if the steamed creamer would get a punch? You can private message me if needed. Thanks!

i actually sent 2 e mails the response came from ex-co@rccl.com, however i wrote to mbabley@rccl.com and realized he is not ceo so i sent one to RichardFain@rccl.com. i copied e mail so i will bring it . Hope i don't have to .Hope this problem is fixed.

2 minutes ago, the mistral wind said:

i actually sent 2 e mails the response came from ex-co@rccl.com, however i wrote to mbabley@rccl.com and realized he is not ceo so i sent one to RichardFain@rccl.com. i copied e mail so i will bring it . Hope i don't have to .Hope this problem is fixed.

Awesome! Thank you for the info.