Aqua versus Concierge

bestdogever

26 minutes ago, archerniak said:

the Aqua restaurant Blu is why we select Aqua.

Depending on price definitely Aqua just because of Blu since Aqua gets all the benefits of Concierge except the one embarkation lunch   With Aqua you get 14 meals not 1 special lunch  on a 7 day cruise.   Most of the other benefits listed for Concierge are not a big deal or available to everyone.   On the Summit some of the Concierge cabins have larger cabins and veranda's if that's important.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bestdogever said:

On Celebrity, particularly the Summit, would you choose an Aqua or Concierge class stateroom and why?  Thanks!

On Summit (or other M class ships) I'll choose Concierge, because the cabins are bigger. Their location is better than Aqua.

For ME 😁, it's more important than Blu... and I didn't even bother to go to embarkation lunch, too early for ME 😁

Edited by dani negreanu

The other benefit of Aqua Class is access to some of the spa services and relaxation areas (depending on the ship). We've taken a couple of late winter/early spring TAs and the quiet, warm space to relax was a great benefit.

I love the Persian Gardens on the S-class ships with the heated loungers and floor to ceiling windows for beautiful sea views. We don't even use it on the M-class ships though, no heated loungers or sea views on those ships.

We have two Celebrity cruises currently on the books, one a 1A Veranda and the other a Concierge C2. In both cases, as in the past, we considered booking Aqua but couldn't justify the higher cost. Quite frankly, even the Concierge perks are of minimal value to us, and we'll only book them if the pricing is close. For the upcoming C2, our cost for two for a 12 day cruise was only $66 CAD, or about $50 USD higher than the 1A.

26 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

We have two Celebrity cruises currently on the books, one a 1A Veranda and the other a Concierge C2. In both cases, as in the past, we considered booking Aqua but couldn't justify the higher cost. Quite frankly, even the Concierge perks are of minimal value to us, and we'll only book them if the pricing is close. For the upcoming C2, our cost for two for a 12 day cruise was only $66 CAD, or about $50 USD higher than the 1A.

I hope you remembered to also ask for your Captains Club 1 category upgrade and only are paying the C3 price. Since we reached our current level in Captains Club we're either only doing Aqua (if it's a cost differential that's worth it to us) or Verandah. The two extra Captains Club points per night are no longer of importance to us since we'll probably never get to the next level and the other Concierge Class benefits aren't worth much more than what you're paying. It's weird how the cost differential of categories varies so widely from one cruise to the next and booking dates. There never used to be such a wide variance.

Aqua Class because of Blu the food and service is no better or worse than the main dining room but its noise level and overall dining experience is so much better. There is lots of good Aqua Class cabins mid ship, if not I would take the best priced balcony cabin available. Concierge has little value to me unless it is the location I want.

2 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

I hope you remembered to also ask for your Captains Club 1 category upgrade and only are paying the C3 price. Since we reached our current level in Captains Club we're either only doing Aqua (if it's a cost differential that's worth it to us) or Verandah. The two extra Captains Club points per night are no longer of importance to us since we'll probably never get to the next level and the other Concierge Class benefits aren't worth much more than what you're paying. It's weird how the cost differential of categories varies so widely from one cruise to the next and booking dates. There never used to be such a wide variance.

What??? A free upgrade???

Just joking. :classic_biggrin: My spreadsheet included 1B, 1A, C3 and C2 cabins, each with prices for no perks (refundable deposit), 2 perks or 4 perks, plus the cost of each perk if I was to purchase one or more separately. The C2 with 2 perks at a C3 price was our best choice and saved us $968 (CAD) for the 12 day cruise. 

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

What??? A free upgrade???

Just joking. :classic_biggrin: My spreadsheet included 1B, 1A, C3 and C2 cabins, each with prices for no perks (refundable deposit), 2 perks or 4 perks, plus the cost of each perk if I was to purchase one or more separately. The C2 with 2 perks at a C3 price was our best choice and saved us $968 (CAD) for the 12 day cruise. 

Wait....are you me? Oh, no I don't live in Canada! 

Edited by Luvcrusn
Addition