Fantasia vs Bella

Anniexrec

Is the Fantasia category , really worth it. vs Bella.?

We are book for Feb in Fantasia, deck 14. have easy drink which we upgraded to premium.

Can get Bella cabin for almost 600 bucks cheaper, may down grade cat. Not sure, would like opinions . ty

Edited by Anniexrec

MSC has attached cabins & service and call it Experience. Choosing a Experience gives you a specific category of cabins and choosing a cabin gives you the attached Experience. If you downgrade the Experience you will get a cabin in a different location.  Sometimes cabins with different Experiences are close to each other, so it depends on availability of cabins in the desired Experience.

For $600 I'd say go for it!

You have the drinking sorted lol

There is this element about no guaranteed dining room table ...never sen this on board!

And obviously no choice of dining time it will be allocated ....so I guess is being told your dining time worth $600?

• Like 1

I assume OP is talking about their Seaside booking.  The Fantastica cabin on deck 14 is almost guaranteed a good cabin location, only a very few have enclosed balconies.  Bella balconies often have a drawback, the good locations often disappear fast.  Cabins on deck nine directly overlook the promenade and smoke can be a problem on the starboard side.  The cabins above the buffet are somewhat more shielded by a canopy.  The cabins on deck nine above the atrium, sports bar, "news cafe" - now seaside lounge - and theater may get noise at night from below.  Far forward and aft cabins on 9, 10 and 11 have enclosed balconies represented by shading on the deck plans.

Other than that all you really lose is free room service and priority in choosing your dining time.  So if you can find a good location Bella it can often be worth the savings.  Mid ship deck 10 port side above the infinity bridge would be ideal to me.

• Like 1

Bella does not guarantee your choice of dining time, so if you request the early dining in the Caribbean, you might be assigned late dining. Europeans often prefer dining later, so a Med cruise is often different. In the Caribbean, it might also depend on how many Europeans are on the ship.  I'd say go Bella!

• Like 1

Now that they have done away with the drinks vouchers for us personally i dont think the difference for guaranteed dining and possibly a higher deck is worth the extra you have to pay.

We always went Fantastica but our next one is Bella and unless we want an aft cabin on Divina or Meravilglia i cant see us ever going back to Fantastica.

Edited by Mattnvick

We sailed Bella last time, and the locations of rooms from what I was told , Bella and Fantastica are together.

The only noticeable difference from what I remember, is Fantastica includes room service (food), as for Bella, it's a small fee to pay if you want it.

For $600, go Bella for sure !

• Like 1