QUESTION REGARDING NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT & APPLYING FCC

victory2020

Hello,

I have called Princess & gotten different answers on this  - I am booking a non refundable deposit cruise. It is the buy one, second fare is 50%.Can I book a single fare & add second person at final payment so I can only put one deposit down now? Also, since deposit is $50, can I use credit card to pay for deposit now & apply FCC at final payment & still get onboard credit?

10 minutes ago, idahospud said:

If you want the OBC that goes with your Future Cruise Deposit you will have to use your FCD now. FCDs are for deposits, not final payments.

Or are you talking FCC (Future Cruise Credit)?

I didn't know there was a difference! It's the $100 certificate that I bought on the ship

The FCD can be applied to the booking at any time. However, you do not receive any onboard credit unless it is used as a deposit.

You may or may not be able to add a second person to the booking later. If specific muster station is sold out (possibly because of several cabins with three or four people), then it may not be possible to add an additional person to that cabin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Hello,

I have called Princess & gotten different answers on this  - I am booking a non refundable deposit cruise. It is the buy one, second fare is 50%.Can I book a single fare & add second person at final payment so I can only put one deposit down now? Also, since deposit is $50, can I use credit card to pay for deposit now & apply FCC at final payment & still get onboard credit?

The FCD question has been well answered.  On the second person, if you actually plan to sail with two, then make the booking with two people now.  If there is a change from Person A to Person B later on, then get with your TA or Princess prior to final payment.  You may be able to change later, but of course the obvious thing to do is ask the question about changing second person before you book and pay deposit.  You can make a booking and have a courtesy hold so you have the cabin and price you want and then get any final questions answered before applying deposit.  Besides, if you attempt to add second person later on, the sale you have found could by gone.

Edited by steelers36

I assume you are referring to the Getaway promo. This promo does not apply to singles. You will have to book both passengers to get the promotion benefit. If you want the OBC that goes with the Future Cruise Deposits you have to apply the deposit when booked. If you book as a single now you will get the singles fare. If you change later you could lose your deposit and will receive whatever promotion is available at that time. Quote from the fine print:

"These fares do not apply to singles or third/fourth-berth guests."

• Like 1