Port arrival time - Haven't been on carnival in a while

jetexpress

Hello,

We are Gold, staying in a suite, and have FTTF purchased.  Do we have to follow our Port Arrival time (11:30) or can we show up closer to terminal opening at MIA (10:00-10:30)?  

First cruise on Carnival in a few years and I found several posts saying “Priority” boarding passes can show up anytime, but all of the FAQs on Carnival’s website say show up at Arrival time and do not mention any exceptions.  

Thanks for your help!

Edited by jetexpress

That is one of the perks of having FTTF! It gives you priority boarding and debarking.

You can show up any time to check in.

That doesn't mean you will board right away. You will still have to wait a bit to actually board.

The same goes with getting off the ship. IF you can carry your luggage off yourself you will be able to leave the ship before other passengers and after the platinum/diamond/suite folks.

44 minutes ago, LBumb said:

What are they going to say if you arrive before scheduled time

Most ports, at least the ones I have been to, have an early/late line for people without some kind of priority who show up outside their scheduled check-in window. I have seen this line be ridiculously long on several occasions. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Most ports, at least the ones I have been to, have an early/late line for people without some kind of priority who show up outside their scheduled check-in window. I have seen this line be ridiculously long on several occasions. 

This. We arrived ten minutes before our arrival time. Line was ridiculous in the "outside your window" and no line in the other so we chilled for ten minutes and walked on. 

8 minutes ago, Acheavacci said:

When are you notified of your specific arrival time?

The appointment window of time is printed on the boarding pass after doing the online check-in.  When people do the online check-in as soon as they are able to do it, they can choose from several different times.  The closer to the cruise, the less times available and they are usually only late times.

One time, after dropping off our bags, we got to the line five minutes late and had to go to the early/late line.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

The appointment window of time is printed on the boarding pass after doing the online check-in.  When people do the online check-in as soon as they are able to do it, they can choose from several different times.  The closer to the cruise, the less times available and they are usually only late times.

One time, after dropping off our bags, we got to the line five minutes late and had to go to the early/late line.

Thank you.  Kinda like SW airline 24 hr check in...quick fingers gains upper hand!  What time is on line check in available?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Acheavacci said:

Thank you.  Kinda like SW airline 24 hr check in...quick fingers gains upper hand!  What time is on line check in available?

I believe it's 90 days prior to the cruise.  If you check in online just after midnight the day before, then you should be able to choose the earliest appointment time.  If the boarding group is assigned at that time, you will also get the earliest boarding group.  I checked in for my current cruise as soon as it opened and I got an appointment time of 11:30 to 12:00 and boarding group A01.  Your online Carnival account should give the exact date for online check-in.

On 8/28/2019 at 10:42 AM, Djptcp said:

No one boards until Homeland Security says so, no matter what your arrival time is. First people to board are Diamond, Platinum, Suites, and then FTTF. General boarding by zone after that.

If you are staying in a suite, you have priority boarding, which means you can arrive any time, and probably don't need to spend the money for FTTF.

Edited by Garth2

On 8/28/2019 at 11:42 AM, Djptcp said:

No one boards until Homeland Security says so, no matter what your arrival time is. First people to board are Diamond, Platinum, Suites, and then FTTF. General boarding by zone after that.

I didn't see anyone questioning boarding time.  While boarding begins after the ship has been cleared (with wedding parties first I think), arrival time has to do with entry to the terminal, check-in, and waiting area.  My experience with FTTF in Baltimore has been a separate line for priority passengers and special seating areas.

23 hours ago, Garth2 said:

If you are staying in a suite, you have priority boarding, which means you can arrive any time, and probably don't need to spend the money for FTTF.

I think suite provides priority boarding but not necessarily the other perks like immediate cabin access.  OP, you should verify the included perks and see if FTTF is still worth it for you.