Constellation remodelling

rachiem

We had booked a sweetsixteen cabin on the Constellation for Sept 2020 as we liked the look of the balcony size.

We had a good offer to upgrade to Aqua class on deck 11 and love the look of the open top balconies.

I've just read however that they are remodelling the ship to include infinite balconies. We have stayed away from the edge as we love the old fashioned balcony.

Does anyone know if these balconies will be affected?

5 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

I don’t think it’s possible to put infinite balconies on an M class ship. Where did you read that?

They trialled one last year and the below is taken from the UK Celebrity website....

Do you think this reads that the whole ship just has one of these balconies??

And if you're looking for the ultimate in accommodation, Celebrity Constellation® now has the Edge. Looking forward to the innovative staterooms that will be featured onboard Celebrity Edge®, Celebrity Constellation® will now feature one Infinite Balcony – touch a button and your entire living space becomes the balcony, letting you walk right out to the water’s edge.

3 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

There is just that one room, not the whole ship

Oh thank goodness! 

I read it as though they were adding them to the whole ship! 

Seems strange to just have one room though...maybe the trial wasn’t a success?

Thank you for your quick reply! 

Edited by rachiem

They were trying to build excitement for the “balcony-less balcony room” or “verandah-less verandah room” or whatever it is.  It isn’t a verandah room, in any case.  It’s just an oceanview room with a window that opens.

5 minutes ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

The aft Aqua class cabins on deck 11 of the M class ships are great. Massive balconies  and very handy for Ocean view buffet and bar. 

And that’s exactly what I have booked for next summer! Been on deck 11 Aqua before but always on the sides so this will be great.

Wendy

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2019 at 5:39 PM, Edinburghgirl1 said:

The aft Aqua class cabins on deck 11 of the M class ships are great. Massive balconies  and very handy for Ocean view buffet and bar. 

.Hi, I have a deck 11 aft facing booked in 2021....but I am a little concerned.  I have read a lot of reviews that say the movie above is going constantly and VERY loud.  Did you experience that?   Sometimes people exaggerate, so I sure would love your opinion, or anyone elses too:)