Credit card rules

QuakerBoy

I am trying to check in for an upcoming cruise 10-13-10/20 (2019). When I use the online platform, I can’t complete the process. It appears that my credit card details are not acceptable. I am using the same card that I used to book the cruise. The expiration date is 10/20. Could that be the problem? Solution? Customer service is swamped due to Dorian. 

1 hour ago, QuakerBoy said:

I am trying to check in for an upcoming cruise 10-13-10/20 (2019). When I use the online platform, I can’t complete the process. It appears that my credit card details are not acceptable. I am using the same card that I used to book the cruise. The expiration date is 10/20. Could that be the problem? Solution? Customer service is swamped due to Dorian. 

Do you need to use a security code?

I could not purchase something online with Celebrity once and couldn't figure out why.  Turns out after calling them it was something as simple as I did not enter my phone number the exact way the site expected me too.  I either put the "dashes"in between the sets of numbers or entered it without spaces, can't remember which, but the site never said "enter with no spaces" or whatever.  Hopefully it is something as simple as that in your case, Quaker Boy.

btw, Tallnthensome, your last sentence made me laugh out loud and you are probably correct 😂

Edited by Reel Love

I keep all my credit card information in a password-protected file on my laptop; when I need to enter information on a website, I 'cut and paste' the card number rather than having to find my billfold, retrieve  the card and key in the numbers each time.    Strangely enough, I've found a couple of websites that will not accept a credit card number entered by the 'paste' method - only figured it out after much trial and error.   That may not be your problem, but it may be that Celebrity's website is very picky about how the numbers are entered.       

Edited by Kartgv

11 minutes ago, Kartgv said:

I keep all my credit card information in a password-protected file on my laptop; when I need to enter information on a website, I 'cut and paste' the card number rather than having to find my billfold, retrieve  the card and key in the numbers each time.    Strangely enough, I've found a couple of websites that will not accept a credit card number entered by the 'paste' method - only figured it out after much trial and error.   That may not be your problem, but it may be that Celebrity's website is very picky about how the numbers are entered.       

Apparently you don’t use your cards enough.  I know my numbers including the security code by heart😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

We have had this happen when the expiration date falls too close to the actual sailing date.  Often we book cruises two years out.  If cruise should extend beyond the expiration date (eg: due to hurricane?) they want to make sure your card will be accepted for your charges.  Hope this helps.

48 minutes ago, ORD1166 said:

We have had this happen when the expiration date falls too close to the actual sailing date.  Often we book cruises two years out.  If cruise should extend beyond the expiration date (eg: due to hurricane?) they want to make sure your card will be accepted for your charges.  Hope this helps.

I don't think this is the problem since OP said the cruise in question was 10/2019 and cc expired 10/2020. I've also tried entering the cc number using the number keys on the side of my computer keyboard and the site wouldn't accept them. When I used the numbers above the alphabet it worked.