Booking Shore Excursions

gjkov

I know this information is somewhere in the boards, but I can’t seem to find it. 

What time (of day) do shore excursion reservations open? I have always just waited until sometime in the opening day to book, but wondering what is the actual time (Central time US)?

The FAQ do not have anything on excursions - at least I haven't found it.

My question:

Let say I am waitlisted for my first choice. To avoid having no excursion for this particular port, can I sign up for a different excursion and still remain on the waitlist for my first choice? 

1 hour ago, Floridiana said:

The FAQ do not have anything on excursions - at least I haven't found it.

My question:

Let say I am waitlisted for my first choice. To avoid having no excursion for this particular port, can I sign up for a different excursion and still remain on the waitlist for my first choice? 

This can be done but not certain that this can be done online.  in my opinion, it us best to call Regent, let them book you on an available excursion and remain waitlisted on the excursion that you are hoping will clear the waitlist.

4 minutes ago, Portolan said:

At exactly 12 midnight tonight Sep 6/7, the link for our May cruise excursions went live.

Unfortunately, NOT A SINGLE EXCURSION is available to book yet.  Going to bed (Eastern time zone).

in same spot as you!  I think maybe not 'loaded'?  Will call in am; however we are West coast time..setting alarm early!

2 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Simply -  - it is at 12:01am of the date it opens for selections. 

This is right---however I wait a few more minutes - this in turn they will all be ready to book.  I've done this for my April cruise(s) and got everything I wanted---it's a b2b so I had to wait for the 2nd part of the cruise to book it--at 12:05AM--which is 9:05PM West coast time🤗

Edited by ronrick1943

2 hours ago, Floridiana said:

Thank you Travelcat.

5 minutes after coming online, these excursions are waitlisted for passengers in a high category suite?  

We are not a "high category' suite I don't believe..Concierge.  I though all concierge and above chose same day, but I am a newbie so may be mistaken.  Got everything we wanted except Guggenheim museum (really?) and LaHavre/Paris options not shown yet.

11 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

This is right---however I wait a few more minutes - this in turn they will all be ready to book.  I've done this for my April cruise(s) and got everything I wanted---it's a b2b so I had to wait for the 2nd part of the cruise to book it--at 12:05AM--which is 9:05PM West coast time🤗

Ron

You are correct. Sometimes they are not available until 12:15am. I had one occasion when they were not uploaded until the next day. I should have said that I start at 12:01am because I am awake then and keep trying. It’s like hitting bingo when the light comes on. 

Sometimes some excursions are still not available. But just keep checking. 

Sheila

4 hours ago, Floridiana said:

5 minutes after coming online, these excursions are waitlisted for passengers in a high category suite?  

No .... when excursions open for concierge or higher or Seven Seas Society members, they are available to all these categories. High category suites do not get earlier preference.  

36 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Ron

You are correct. Sometimes they are not available until 12:15am. I had one occasion when they were not uploaded until the next day. I should have said that I start at 12:01am because I am awake then and keep trying. It’s like hitting bingo when the light comes on. 

Sometimes some excursions are still not available. But just keep checking. 

Sheila

Sorry Sheila, but to me it's not bingo---but I hit the Lotto😂

7 hours ago, Floridiana said:

Thank you Travelcat.

I think the replies you received didn't understand your statement.  Yes, apparently some excursions were showing as wait-list after they'd been posted for just a few minutes.  Very strange since both high categories and high status get the same access time.

I've seen this before when, while it says "Sold Out," it isn't actually the case...it just wasn't loaded properly.  I suggest you call Regent.  They often will also add additional offerings of unexpectedly popular excursions, so wait-list and (trust, but verify) keep checking the web site.  It will most often work out.

I called it quits at 12:15 AM EDT since I had an early commitment this morning and, while I can't say I checked every port and every excursion, by 12:15 AM I had found NONE that didn't say sold out.

Went back at 6:15 AM this morning and got every excursion we wanted (except Le Havre, which still hasn't posted).  As others (myself included) have noted before, this isn't rocket, or web, science.  Good IT will set up and test the entire set of offerings off-line and then at the moment of offering, they just have to change one link.  It seems that Regent changes the link to make the offerings "live" and then over some tens of minutes or longer, adds the actual data. 

40 minutes ago, Portolan said:

I think the replies you received didn't understand your statement.  Yes, apparently some excursions were showing as wait-list after they'd been posted for just a few minutes.  Very strange since both high categories and high status get the same access time.

I've seen this before when, while it says "Sold Out," it isn't actually the case...it just wasn't loaded properly.  I suggest you call Regent.  They often will also add additional offerings of unexpectedly popular excursions, so wait-list and (trust, but verify) keep checking the web site.  It will most often work out.

I called it quits at 12:15 AM EDT since I had an early commitment this morning and, while I can't say I checked every port and every excursion, by 12:15 AM I had found NONE that didn't say sold out.

Went back at 6:15 AM this morning and got every excursion we wanted (except Le Havre, which still hasn't posted).  As others (myself included) have noted before, this isn't rocket, or web, science.  Good IT will set up and test the entire set of offerings off-line and then at the moment of offering, they just have to change one link.  It seems that Regent changes the link to make the offerings "live" and then over some tens of minutes or longer, adds the actual data. 

I got the gist of what  I wanted to know.  By the time we went to sleep, was able to book ALL ports except LaHavre, and were waitlisted for Guggenheim in Bilbao.  When we went on line this morning, though our wait list showed in confirmation email, it was no longer showing in our file.  Called Regent...they are obviously aware there is a problem with this tour and will get back to us.  At that point, they had LaHavre excursions even though we couldn't see online, so they signed us up for what we wanted.

Disappointed in what is offered in Belfast; may book our own Black Cab trip for part of day.  So far, good progress.  I kow we can change as we go along.  Also disappointed at the cost to go to the Normandy Beaches..this cruise is tied in to Great Wars PBS program...should, in my opinion, not be almost a $200pp excursion.