Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice

jamesnnb

You can get fresh squeezed OJ on the Grand. It's by the pool, the Calypso bar, I think is the name of the bar.  The bar tenders don't like to use it because of the clean up.  They have said it's not available, when it is.  I recall one cruise someone complaining about it to the beverage manage and after that it was available.  I think he got in trouble.  Not sure if the other ships have gotten rid of them to avoid the problems.

At the suite breakfast at Sabatini's or other specialty restaurant, you will get fresh squeezed orange juice.

I've ordered it in the MDR for breakfast and at a couple of different bars with no problem. I don't know what it costs, since it was included in my Premium Beverage Package.

On 9/18/2019 at 12:08 PM, Husky61 said:

I believe it is still available in Sabatinis for breakfast. You have be in a full suite to go to Sabatinis for breakfast.

Great, it was one of the perks I loved on HAL is the fresh juice in the morning at the Pinnacle.  Looking forward to having breakfast at Sabatinis.  

On 9/18/2019 at 2:03 PM, antsp said:

Not anymore, they used to have a machine at some of the bars. Must have been gone about 5 years. 

On my Grand Princess September 3, 2019 (which happens to be less than 5 years ago) 10-Day Alaska Cruise, I was able to get fresh squeezed orange juice at the Calypso Bar (the one by the covered pool) every day.   They have a machine on the port side area of the bar there.  

There is a cost but it was covered by my Premier Beverage Package, so I don’t know how much the charge is.

13 minutes ago, cubfan63 said:

On my Grand Princess September 3, 2019 (which happens to be less than 5 years ago) 10-Day Alaska Cruise, I was able to get fresh squeezed orange juice at the Calypso Bar (the one by the covered pool) every day.   They have a machine on the port side area of the bar there.  

There is a cost but it was covered by my Premier Beverage Package, so I don’t know how much the charge is.

I/we never got one of the beverage packages.  Last HAL cruise as OBC we received four (4) $100 drink cards.  We could not go through that on a 7-day cruise. At the end of the cruise we were purchasing bottles of wine for other tables.   This cruise it would be $1400 for the beverage package. I don't mind spending $7K for the suite, but I can't justify $1400 for water, juice, soda, coffee, beer and liquor.  Even if I/we drink everything we want when we want and charge it.. I can't see us spending more than $300 max.  It's why there are so many options for people on a cruise... options for everyone.