ms Volendam in Juneau September 20, 2019

Scrapnana

Volendam will be making her last visit to Juneau this season.  She will be at the CT dock from 1300-2200.   Then she will head to FLL on September 25 (arriving on October 18 and then going to dry dock in Freeport which was not badly damaged by Dorian).  

Also in port are Crystal Symphony at the AS dock from 1000-2300 and Coral Princess at the FKL dock from 1200-2215.

Rain and wind are predicted for Friday with a high of 55F/13C and a low of 51F/10C.  Sunrise is at 6:38 am and sunset at 7:03 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

Next up:  the last visit of the Signature Sisters for the season.

sad to see the Alaskan season coming to an end.  Next Monday will be the LAST visit of the Signature sisters. Next year the NA will be replaced by the Koningsdam and the next year the NA will do the Westerdam's run to the North. Kathie, thank you for your yeoman's work at Juneau. 

19 minutes ago, Himself said:

sad to see the Alaskan season coming to an end.  Next Monday will be the LAST visit of the Signature sisters. Next year the NA will be replaced by the Koningsdam and the next year the NA will do the Westerdam's run to the North. Kathie, thank you for your yeoman's work at Juneau. 

A bit too long a pause between the Alaska Season and the Florida season.

Roy

Tug Taku Wind is close to the Volendam.  I wonder if she's a contracted stand-by.  Wind is apparently quite variable and strong at times today.

Add:  Just reported "standing by on Volie's starboard quarter"

Roy

Edited by rafinmd

2 hours ago, Av8rix said:

Soon Volendam will be on her way to pick me up in Vancouver for the ride thru the Canal.  Whee!!

I sailed on this cruise in 2001 as my Retirement Celebration Cruise and it was a great one, indeed!  You will enjoy it I am certain.

1 hour ago, Himself said:

CORRECTION  I went from Vancouver to FLL through the Panama Canal two years ago on the EURODAM rather than the Volendam as I said above.

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Whatever the ship, a great experience.

Roy

4 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I sailed on this cruise in 2001 as my Retirement Celebration Cruise and it was a great one, indeed!  You will enjoy it I am certain.

I've done it twice before, once on Ryndam and once on Statendam (not Nieuw).  But I'm a retired engineer so observing the workings of the canal never gets old.

Therefore, due to packing and sailing, I won't be online for the end of the Alaska season so just want to say  -- Good job Kathi!!  Thanks for all you do.

• Like 1

Sorry that I missed the Volendam sailing into Juneau.

Thursday evening after dinner I ended up in the Hospital -- sever pain on the right back side.  Tests were run.  Kidney stone.  Kept me overnight and most of Friday while the doctors decided what should be done.  Since the stone is only 4mm, my surgeon decided to wait it out for 2 weeks to see if I pass the stone naturally.  Finally got discharged around 5 PM yesterday.