Boarding Times Question

GetMeToTheSpa

3 hours ago, casofilia said:

Interesting as we are boarding in Barcelona in under 3 weeks and I can't find any information about boarding times except "Your ship begins boarding at 01:00PM on Oct 13 and sets sail at 07:00PM on Oct 13."

You probably just have not gotten it yet.  Seems like it was less than a week to sail date before we got our message denoting decks and (suggested) boarding times.

On 9/23/2019 at 3:27 AM, GetMeToTheSpa said:

I have copied this from my travel summary page.  Red text is what I'm concerned about.  We land in NYC pretty early, around 10:30am, and planned to go straight to the ship.  Will we really not be allowed to board until 2:45pm since we are on the Emerald deck?  😞

PROGRESSIVE CRUISE CHECK-IN INFORMATION

To help facilitate a smooth start to your voyage we have implemented a progressive cruise check-in schedule. Please arrive at the check-in time listed below. If you have purchased a Princess Cruise Plus Package/Transfer, your check-in time will be provided at your hotel or the airport. Guests travelling on shared transport or arriving as a group will be checked in together. Priority check-in will be available to guests with Priority Boarding within the allocated check-in times. Boarding will commence shortly after check-in. Please do not arrive prior to the start of cruise check-in as your cabin will not be ready. Once onboard, enjoy a meal at Horizon Court which remains open throughout the day to serve you.
1:00 PM - Aloha & Lido Decks: Cabins on these decks begin with A & L 2:00 PM - Dolphin & Emerald Decks: Cabins on these decks begin with D & E 2:45 PM - Caribe & Riviera Decks: Cabins on these decks begin with C & R 3:15 PM - Baja & Marina Decks: Cabins on these decks begin with B & M

Get onboard anytime from 10 am.  Princess is loose about progressive check in.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

20 hours ago, MissP22 said:

If Princess wanted to keep people from boarding it should not be based upon their deck they were on but should be applied to everyone equally. They should make everyone either stand on line outside the terminal or keep them in the seats in the terminal until the ship was totally cleared for boarding.

To send out a message that only certain decks are available earlier than others is just not right. Everyone has paid their fare & entitled to the same facilities depending on the time of arrival, not someones idea of a boarding schedule. 

I think it quite OK for Princess to let us board and relax around the ship.It does not bother me to drop off my luggage at the cabin and leave..

Remember some other folks were in your cabin up till 8.00AM that morning. .Yes they could change the linen and let you in but would not have time to  sanitary clean your cabin,remember on turn around day the employees have to change and clean all cabins,I heard allotted 20 per cabin steward . Timed to certain decks could be cleaning with extra help.These extras go from deck to deck.

Give the employees a chance to do their job and let you into a properly cleaned(We  hope)cabin.😊.

Edited by kruisey
Addition.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kruisey said:

Remember some other folks were in your cabin up till 8.00AM that morning. .Yes they could change the linen and let you in but would not have time to  sanitary clean your cabin,remember on turn around day the employees have to change and clean all cabins,I heard allotted 20 per cabin steward . Timed to certain decks could be cleaning with extra help.These extras go from deck to deck.

Give the employees a chance to do their job and let you into a properly cleaned(We  hope)cabin.😊.

And this should become my problem?

I've paid for that time on the ship & they should at least respond by letting us leave our luggage in the room even if it's not ready.

Also, how much sanitizing do your really think they do between passengers?

It no more than a quick whip down of the shower & sink, brush out the toilet & leave some clean linens. 

17 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Also, how much sanitizing do your really think they do between passengers?

It no more than a quick whip down of the shower & sink, brush out the toilet & leave some clean linens. 

Quite a bit of cleaning is done on turn around day and no they are not just leaving clean linens. All the linens are changed, even if not used. All the furniture is moved and sanitized, mattresses inspected, bathroom top to bottom through cleaning. It is a lot of work for  your cabin steward AND his helper on turn around to turn all the cabins they are assigned and this is done on a 3 day or a 14 day cruise or anything in between. Then they have to greet their guests, help with the medallion issues etc. And yes they do missing things in back of drawers and cabinets but it is an incredible job down in a short period. Don't forget the guests that won't leave the cabin on debarkation until the last possible minute doesn't help. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brighton Line said:

Quite a bit of cleaning is done on turn around day and no they are not just leaving clean linens. All the linens are changed, even if not used. All the furniture is moved and sanitized, mattresses inspected, bathroom top to bottom through cleaning. It is a lot of work for  your cabin steward AND his helper on turn around to turn all the cabins they are assigned and this is done on a 3 day or a 14 day cruise or anything in between. Then they have to greet their guests, help with the medallion issues etc. And yes they do missing things in back of drawers and cabinets but it is an incredible job down in a short period. Don't forget the guests that won't leave the cabin on debarkation until the last possible minute doesn't help. 

For most of the items, you wish. 

45 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Been on Princess lately?  Stewart doesn't have a helper.

If the room "looks" clean that's probably the best you can hope for unless there was a bad case of Noro & then they might be forced to really wipe down everything. 

Edited by MissP22

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

If the room "looks" clean that's probably the best you can hope for unless there was a bad case of Noro & then they might be forced to really wipe down everything. 

I am sorry you are upset at Princesses embarking arrangements.Maybe you should write to Princess Customer relations and voice your concern.

15 hours ago, kruisey said:

The suggested boarding times have nothing to do with cabins being ready. All cabins on all decks are ready about the same time.

The different suggested boarding times are an effort to spread out arrival times so that the check-in area is not extra crowded with everyone showing up at the same time.

Of course airline arrival schedules and hotel checkout times make this suggested schedule impractical.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kruisey said:

I am sorry you are upset at Princesses embarking arrangements.Maybe you should write to Princess Customer relations and voice your concern.

Oh, it works for me.

Just follow their suggested boarding schedule & everyone else will appreciate it. 

I believe their logic is to address potential complaints.  People arriving at 11 am potentially have to wait a couple hours before boarding. If everyone followed the instructions there would be minimal waiting.  People complaining about long waits are simply referred to the suggested boarding order.  People who arrive at approximately 11am should expect to have long lines and not complain about it.  Like most people I arrive early, get lunch on the ship and consider it a bonus if the place isn’t a zoo.

On our January cruise on the Regal out of Port Everglades we arrived around 10:50 am and after a quick check in to pickup our medallions we were whisked onto the gangplank and greeted at the elevator and whisked up to our rooms, which were ready for occupancy, Less than 15 minutes total. We are Platinum but it didn't matter as there was no waiting regardless of status. May be an outlier, but that was the quickest boarding I have had on any line. I believe my suggested boarding time was 2:45 pm.