What is your favorite deck and cabin to book on a cruise?

geckoaz

On 9/26/2019 at 5:24 PM, n6uqqq said:

Add me to the Spirit class " bowling alley" balcony fans!

20190627_122412.jpg

We had 3 cabins in a row on two different Conquest class ships.  The steward removed two partions and we had a "bowling alley " balcony also. It was great.

Edited by Butterbean1000
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 5:45 AM, Tapi said:

I look for unique cabins that may be the same category, but that offer more space or that have an odd configuration that may be more desirable than other cabins within the same category. I also look for cabins that may be considered “obstructed” but which have no obstruction, thus saving us money. Usually these offer the most bang for my buck. It takes a bit of research, but it pays off. 

on Carnival, one of the best kept secrets on the Conquest class ships used to be cabins 2462 and 2465. For some odd reason, these cabins used to be sold as 1A (cheapest upper/lower bunk rooms), but in reality they are spacious staterooms with two twin beds convertible to king and two panoramic windows. We booked it on the Carnival Liberty and it was one of the best staterooms I’ve ever had on a Carnival ship, and for cheap! Unfortunately, these rooms have now been reclassified as 6B categories, so the cat is out of the bag. 

To me, it’s very satisfying to find these hidden gems and save some money in the process.

I have been considering the Liberty for a quick winter break in early February, and was very surprised to see 2462 available this morning.  It was immediately time to book the cruise.  I have been in that cabin on the Conquest, which had a horrible vibration but was still worth it for the nice cabin.  I appreciate your other tips for the Empress, thank you!

• Like 1

Our favorite on Fantasy class ships is an Empress deck mid ship balcony E83 if we can get it. Great view, close to the atrium bar for me and 83 is the year the wife graduated from high school so she can find her way home after a long night!!!

Edited by rolaur

Same as you love love love the Lido. Its so nice to be so close to everything. Our first cabin was on the Starboard side and from then on we have always booked on that side. I think I would consider booking on the port side if it was all that was left but maybe not... Idk thats our one weird thing I guess.