How to locate the empty rooms on the ship

august1963

I just booked the Vista today for March 2020.  I booked an Ocean Suite for my husband and I and an Interior for our girls (21 and 30).  We were hoping that they could be across the hall from us; however, the ship was so booked we barely got rooms at all.  The girls are maybe 9 doors down the hall.  

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to go to the Carnival website and see what rooms are available (thinking someone might cancel and I could get them closer to us).  I know this isn't a major biggie, but just thought it could be something I could check every once in awhile.    I know you can do a "mock" reservation....will that work?

55 minutes ago, august1963 said:

I just booked the Vista today for March 2020.  I booked an Ocean Suite for my husband and I and an Interior for our girls (21 and 30).  We were hoping that they could be across the hall from us; however, the ship was so booked we barely got rooms at all.  The girls are maybe 9 doors down the hall.  

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to go to the Carnival website and see what rooms are available (thinking someone might cancel and I could get them closer to us).  I know this isn't a major biggie, but just thought it could be something I could check every once in awhile.    I know you can do a "mock" reservation....will that work?

Ask your PVP or TA to alert you of any room openings by your Ocean Suite. Sometimes, Carnival does not display all rooms in a specific room category.

• Like 1

Also, bare in mind that the site only shows the rooms available in the category you are searching for with the number of people supplied. Meaning, there may be cabins available closer to your OS, but they are just designated as a 3 person cabin and you are searching for a 2 person cabin, so it doesn't show as available. 

3 minutes ago, jlabs03 said:

Did you try calling carnival and asking if certain rooms are open?  This is probably the easiest and fastest way to find out.

That's exactly what I would do.  I would explain that you are trying to find a cabin closer to yours for your daughters and see if there is anything closer.  I would probably call once a week, along with doing my own searches.