Mocktails and smoothies

Marronnier

Hi

I'm new to Princess Cruises.

I'm interested in buying the Classic Soda Package which includes "fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu."

Are mocktails available in all bars through out the ship (we will be on the Star Princess 15 day Hawaii cruise in January 2020) and can they be ordered in the restaurants particularly the MDR.

Any other tips for making the most of this package would be gratefully received. 

Thank you

A few years ago, I ordered a different mocktail from their mocktail menu every night.  I had never tried one before that cruise, and after a price increase, I finally decided to try the mocktails.  None of them pleased me -- the juices were too cloying and I did not appreciate the textures.   I prefer a Shirley Temple or just a soda.

But that is what I recommend, trying all of the mocktails to see if you like any of them.  I hope you enjoy several and have a hard time deciding which one(s) to drink!

15 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

I ordered a different mocktail from their mocktail menu every night.

You don't have to order from the menu. So long as you can describe what you want in the drink and they have the ingredients behind the bar, they will make it for you. You can also ask for any sugar syrup to be left out if they are overly sweet.

If you are after inspiration for recipes you could start here:

https://www.self.com/gallery/mocktails-youll-actually-want-to-drink

I've never had the majority of the listed mocktails. I just ordered whatever I wanted as a "virgin". If you are a smart alec and order a virgin martini they will most likely not even bat an eye and just give you an olive in a martini glass.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

My SO and I don’t drink alcohol. We purchased the classic soda package and really enjoyed the mocktails. The cocktail menus have some listed mocktails (we tried all of them on our 7 day cruise - all tasty!). We also ordered “off menu” mocktails and the bartenders never batted an eye. Virgin dirty banana, virgin Miami vice were our favorite! I would even grab virgin Bloody Marys (they call it the “bloody shame” lol) for breakfast. For us, the mocktails made the soda package so worthwhile. Have fun!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EmilyColwell said:

Where can one find smoothies? All I've heard is they're in the sanctuary but have not heard of them in another location.

I've seen pre-made smoothies at breakfast in HC. Small and I haven't tried them.

1 minute ago, EmilyColwell said:

I've seen and had those during breakfast but they're not the ones they're referring to on the drink package.

They certainly don't look impressive. I would think one could order smoothies under the package at most bars but have never tried to do so. If I had the package and wanted a smoothie I'd ask at a bar and find out from the bartender which venues have the best supplies for smoothies or if they all have the ingredients.