Haven't cruised in 6 years! What has changed?

9 minutes ago, snowglobe said:

Would I be wrong to think that Johnny Rockets would also serve breakfast on Voyager class ships as well, like the Mariner?

Thought I covered that above, but JR does not offer breakfast on other than Oasis class ships.

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2019 at 2:34 PM, The Sunset Glow said:

Drink prices way up and food quality way down - those are the major changes for me. You will also notice that the MDR menus have changed in that there are a lot less choices and many repeat daily. I've basically given up on the MDR.

On 10/7/2019 at 4:04 PM, Host Clarea said:

Pre-cruise reservations for entertainment on the biggest ships.  Fewer views to the outside from public venues on Oasis class ships.

I strongly agree with both of these.

2 minutes ago, fredflint said:

correct  made to order I usually take longer cruises after about 7-8 days I kind of switch over to an omelet sometimes with meat other days just veggies.

Egg white omelets are a great alternative 

While cruising is still awesome, and we will never give it up, there have been a few changes possibly since you went. The biggest, for me, is that big lounge of open windows in the front  (unless it is the back)  on a top level of the ship that used to be a quiet place during the day of open seating in front of all windows is now a lounge for only suite or high level cruisers. 

If sitting quietly and reading while watching the water is your favorite thing to do, you will have to get a balcony. 

There is no more bar service walking around and coming to you, you have to go to the bar to order. 

The food in the main dining room is not as good as it used to be, but the menus have changed recently and I have not tried the new ones yet.

The Allure is our favorite ship. The central park garden is a nice place to sit and the ship entertainment is fantastic. 

Check ins and boarding is way easier. You may be able send your luggage directly to your airline and not need to bring it yourself.

Regardless of changes, you will still love your cruise!

16 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, made to order omelettes at Wipeout.

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Johnny Rocket will do made to order omelettes as well

6 hours ago, fredflint said:

correct  made to order I usually take longer cruises after about 7-8 days I kind of switch over to an omelet sometimes with meat other days just veggies.

Thanks for the info. We will be on the Allure for the first time in November. My favorite breakfast is an omlette stuffed with extra veggies.