THE SECRETS OF THE NCL HAVEN LUXURY EXPERIENCE

Sthrngary

16 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

For anyone new to this thread, I am re-posting the link to my Haven for Dummies spreadsheet which consolidates most all of the items in this long thread.

Feel free to add anything additional to the list to help out new people who will be staying in the Haven. 

Thank you. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, momofjohnjr said:

anymore examples of fancy/more expensive type items that are possibly free. Like I'd really love some ceviche if free. Lol

I never ask for special snacks.  To much food anyway.  I don't know about Ceviche.  I think the snacks are pretty basic.

Is there a game, book list? Same for cd and dvds... cards too? Maybe UNO? Wdyt?

No list.  But the movies are all digital and complementary.  Huge selection. 

Isn't ironing alone free?

Upon request.

Btw- I liked your videos and need to hit the like button as I casted them to the tv and couldn't.  I should remember to do it though. Hope so.

Thank you.

Cruise well

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, HonkyTonkAngel said:

Nyc2pdx I totally agree with you! I may be in the minority here, but I don't feel little ones belong on a cruise. I raised 3 sons and we took them camping and to Disney. I am in disbelief when I see parents with their little ones on cruises. And like you, we never got fancy vacation when I was a kid. We didn't even get Disney; it was just camping! 🤣🤣 . Just like you said, different world I guess. 

I think it depends on the kids. Not all kids are loud and rambunctious. I did not take my kids on cruises until they were reliably able to sit and behave through an hour and a half long dinner in a restaurant, which meant the youngest was five. They have been told all their lives that it’s not all about them, that other people are there to enjoy their dinner or vacation and have no interest in hearing them yelling or whining,  My kids had little interest in the kids’ club, because they thought it was too loud, and spent a lot of time hanging out with us, reading, swimming, going to shows and going on shore excursions. They loved it. Children need to learn to co-exist with adults in the real world. Segregating thank into loud, chaotic, “kids-only” spaces doesn’t do them any favors. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CarolinaMamma said:

I think it depends on the kids. Not all kids are loud and rambunctious. I did not take my kids on cruises until they were reliably able to sit and behave through an hour and a half long dinner in a restaurant, which meant the youngest was five. They have been told all their lives that it’s not all about them, that other people are there to enjoy their dinner or vacation and have no interest in hearing them yelling or whining,  My kids had little interest in the kids’ club, because they thought it was too loud, and spent a lot of time hanging out with us, reading, swimming, going to shows and going on shore excursions. They loved it. Children need to learn to co-exist with adults in the real world. Segregating thank into loud, chaotic, “kids-only” spaces doesn’t do them any favors. 

Agree whole-heartedly. I like to vacation with my children and I have the funds and ability to travel with them in suites. My kids also do not love kids clubs and like to hang with us. I've found the Haven staff to be utterly delighted with our children. In particular, my youngest was 2 and our Butler had just returned from her own maternity leave and was really focused on our daughter. NCL markets to families and they market the Haven to families. Those 2 bedroom villas are ideally designed for families traveling with children. If there are people who want suite cruising without kids, there are cruise lines that cater to that - NCL is not one of of them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jumbojem96 said:

Does anyone know it they can have your laundry done for you and/if/what the charges are?

Yes, laundry can be done and take a loan out to pay for it.  Not really, but yes, there is a cost. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Yes, laundry can be done and take a loan out to pay for it.  Not really, but yes, there is a cost. 

Should point out that if a Platinum Guest or higher one laundry is free per cruise

and then there is the stuff a provided laundry bag for $20 (may have been raised to $25 ?)

on bag day mid cruise hump day - longer cruises may have two offers.

Certainly the Cabin Steward and Butler should know what to advise you of your options and

if necessary expedite the service instead of the two day service.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

For anyone new to this thread, I am re-posting the link to my Haven for Dummies spreadsheet which consolidates most all of the items in this long thread.

Feel free to add anything additional to the list to help out new people who will be staying in the Haven. 

Wasn’t sure if I should put this on the spreadsheet ( btw thanks for that! ) but last cruise on Breakaway, I asked for potato chips. Expected whatever they sell in the store (lays?) but these were homemade! Soooooo good. Curious if they are always this way in Haven or we gor lucky. Going to try again in May on Joy and see

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Wasn’t sure if I should put this on the spreadsheet ( btw thanks for that! ) but last cruise on Breakaway, I asked for potato chips. Expected whatever they sell in the store (lays?) but these were homemade! Soooooo good.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, worktocruise610 said:

Wasn’t sure if I should put this on the spreadsheet ( btw thanks for that! ) but last cruise on Breakaway, I asked for potato chips. Expected whatever they sell in the store (lays?) but these were homemade! Soooooo good.

Nice! I wonder if it’s the same new homemade chips they have on the new Haven Lounge menu?

I loved the Haven Penthouse on the Encore so much, I immediately got home and booked a 9-day Baltic in October on the Getaway in a Haven Aft Penthouse.

Guess NCL is getting all my vacation money from now on.  Thanks to everyone in this thread for helping me get the most of it.

@Sthrngary your method of a letter plus big tip on day one for the butler worked AMAZING.  He took such great care of us.  I heard other haven families going "my butler is hardly around" and our butler was on top of literally everything we wanted and everything we hadn't thought of too. 😆  He would and track us down to let us know of important things like with excursions, or coordinate with the concierge on stuff, etc. that I didn't even expect him to do.  When our room was way too hot one night, he coordinated with maintenance.  Just anything, he was all over it.  Name was Renson, he was awesome.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chillyw said:

I loved the Haven Penthouse on the Encore so much, I immediately got home and booked a 9-day Baltic in October on the Getaway in a Haven Aft Penthouse.

Guess NCL is getting all my vacation money from now on.  Thanks to everyone in this thread for helping me get the most of it.

@Sthrngary your method of a letter plus big tip on day one for the butler worked AMAZING.  He took such great care of us.  I heard other haven families going "my butler is hardly around" and our butler was on top of literally everything we wanted and everything we hadn't thought of too. 😆  He would and track us down to let us know of important things like with excursions, or coordinate with the concierge on stuff, etc. that I didn't even expect him to do.  When our room was way too hot one night, he coordinated with maintenance.  Just anything, he was all over it.  Name was Renson, he was awesome.

This is so nice to hear.  You have no idea how much heat online I get for making this type of recommendation.  All any of us want is to have a great cruise.  This includes the crew we work with.  In the past, we would never provide gratuities on day one.  It was not the thing to do.  Then, so many guest did not tip that all that the cruise lines put in "Pre-Paid Gratuities".  Butlers were not part of that program and they did not receive gratuities at all.  Not fair to them at all.

Renson, is not a super star.  He deserves all the praise you gave him. So happy you had a good time.

Cruise well.

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

This is so nice to hear.  You have no idea how much heat online I get for making this type of recommendation.  All any of us want is to have a great cruise.  This includes the crew we work with.  In the past, we would never provide gratuities on day one.  It was not the thing to do.  Then, so many guest did not tip that all that the cruise lines put in "Pre-Paid Gratuities".  Butlers were not part of that program and they did not receive gratuities at all.  Not fair to them at all.

Renson, is not a super star.  He deserves all the praise you gave him. So happy you had a good time.

Cruise well.

Again, thank you for your extremely informative thread.   I remember reading your infamous butler letter, but cannot find it now.    Do you know off hand what page it is on as I cannot seam to find it.  We leave in five weeks for our first Haven experience.

9 hours ago, momofjohnjr said:

Does anyone know what the ironing charges are? Is there an iron in the Haven rooms? 

Without further comment - I would suspect Ironing charges to be the same as Pressing on the

Laundry form.

You can request an iron and board from your cabin attendant or being in the Haven Suite

talk it up with your Butler.

There may also be a hidden service of (complimentary) ironing pressing of clothes for

Haven Guests ? 

Of course if someone else does it complimentary consider a tip.

With NCL and FreeStyle cruising - wash and wear - permanent press is the norm.

There are tricks to avoid the need of ironing maintenance of clothing - unpack early and

hang on a hanger in the bathroom with a bit of steam from the hot shower is one of these.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 11:39 AM, don't-use-real-name said:

Without further comment - I would suspect Ironing charges to be the same as Pressing on the

Laundry form.

You can request an iron and board from your cabin attendant or being in the Haven Suite

talk it up with your Butler.

There may also be a hidden service of (complimentary) ironing pressing of clothes for

Haven Guests ? 

Of course if someone else does it complimentary consider a tip.

With NCL and FreeStyle cruising - wash and wear - permanent press is the norm.

There are tricks to avoid the need of ironing maintenance of clothing - unpack early and

hang on a hanger in the bathroom with a bit of steam from the hot shower is one of these.

That's a good idea! Thanks! I'll take advantage of some steam.

52 minutes ago, complawyer said:

you dont need reservations for the haven restaurant, however on your 1st visit it would be awful helpfully if you tipped the maitre'd

So I always feel really awkward about this, how do you go about tipping these people in a discrete manner? 

• Like 1