Adding to specialty dining package

nyc2pdx

I have a specialty dining package for my 8 night cruise-3 specialty dinners.  Is it possible to add to this?  I might like to add 2 more to it, but there is not an option for adding more, just to buy another package of 3, and there is also a 5 package...but nothing to upgrade my 3 to 5.  The specialty meals package is a good deal compared to the menu prices.

Any ideas?

31 minutes ago, nyc2pdx said:

I have a specialty dining package for my 8 night cruise-3 specialty dinners.  Is it possible to add to this?  I might like to add 2 more to it, but there is not an option for adding more, just to buy another package of 3, and there is also a 5 package...but nothing to upgrade my 3 to 5.  The specialty meals package is a good deal compared to the menu prices.

Any ideas?

You have to purchase an additional package to add more nights.  

Look at the restaurants you want to go to and their menus. Use your dining credits for the most expensive ones, usually the one price p/p ones. If there  are some that you want to try that are ala carte then you may be able to dine in them for less if you pick choose just what you want. This happened to us on the Bliss. We were one dining credit shy of the number of restaurants that we wanted to go to. So I picked Q to go to without the credit. We went towards the end of the cruise when we were a bit more fooded out from all we had been eating.  We ate a fairly large lunch so we weren’t starving. Since it was ala carte we ordered one appetizer to share and shared a combo platter and a couple of sides. We were too full for dessert after dinner, but got some coffee and a dessert later in the buffet before they closed. Our bill was very very reasonable. In fact we would not have been able to eat even enough to justify a dining credit. 

Mary Ann

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UFMOM said:

Look at the restaurants you want to go to and their menus. Use your dining credits for the most expensive ones, usually the one price p/p ones. If there  are some that you want to try that are ala carte then you may be able to dine in them for less if you pick choose just what you want. This happened to us on the Bliss. We were one dining credit shy of the number of restaurants that we wanted to go to. So I picked Q to go to without the credit. We went towards the end of the cruise when we were a bit more fooded out from all we had been eating.  We ate a fairly large lunch so we weren’t starving. Since it was ala carte we ordered one appetizer to share and shared a combo platter and a couple of sides. We were too full for dessert after dinner, but got some coffee and a dessert later in the buffet before they closed. Our bill was very very reasonable. In fact we would not have been able to eat even enough to justify a dining credit. 

Mary Ann

Great idea-thanks!

1 hour ago, UFMOM said:

Mary Ann

How do the specialty packages get applied? Are they in the order you eat at specialty restaurants or you can apply them as you go i.e. skip applying one in between?

27 minutes ago, destructor1984 said:

How do the specialty packages get applied? Are they in the order you eat at specialty restaurants or you can apply them as you go i.e. skip applying one in between?

You tell your server how you want to pay. Charge to your room or use an SDP credit. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I called NCL and they were able to add a night to our package bringing it to 4 nights. Not a problem. Enjoy your cruise!

Looks like it should have been $18 pp to add a day, based on the difference in price between the 3 and 4 night packages sold on the NCL website.

9 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I called NCL and they were able to add a night to our package bringing it to 4 nights. Not a problem. Enjoy your cruise!

How recently did you do this?  I am ready to book a cruise and talked to a rep today and she said it was not possible.  I think it stinks because it should only cost 50 to upgrade to 7 meals but have to spend $114 to buy a 4 meal specialty package.  

How does the specialty package work in a la carte restaurants??

28 minutes ago, heidikay said:

How recently did you do this?  I am ready to book a cruise and talked to a rep today and she said it was not possible.  I think it stinks because it should only cost 50 to upgrade to 7 meals but have to spend $114 to buy a 4 meal specialty package.  

How does the specialty package work in a la carte restaurants??

Last December on the Star. 

34 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Last December on the Star. 

Thank you.  Guessing that their policy has changed since December or perhaps the rep was misinformed.  I'll try again when I book it. 

Anyone here have luck recently upgrading their dining package??

The minimum package is 3

The maximum package is the number of nights of the cruise i.e. 7 day cruise 7 meals

LINK to the pricing/details:

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/dining-packages

As others have done call NCL and add 1 or more to your package of 3

Convert your present package to what you need

Give credit for the package of 3 re-price for the adding 1 or more

Can't see the waves for the ocean - call and get a second opinion agent supervisor

I am curious if NCL allows upgrading the promo SDP. It is a no brainer they would allow upgrade of a purchased package - you could simply cancel the 3 day, get refunded, and buy the 4 day.

With the promo, it was never bought, cannot be refunded, and NCL may very well not value it the same as the same package purchased with cash. If anyone has any luck adding a day onto the promo, I would love to hear.

• Like 1