Upgrade Advantage on Escape

nitesiren

Curious to know if other cruisers were or are able to get their bid (low bid that is) accepted on the Escape from a balcony to a Haven spa suite or spa mini-suite.  I'm booked and fully paid for the Escape for Nov.10 sailing and can't seem to find other cruisers who were successful. This is my first time submitting a bid and just the wait alone if giving me anxiety LOL...thanks in advance!

59 minutes ago, nitesiren said:

Curious to know if other cruisers were or are able to get their bid (low bid that is) accepted on the Escape from a balcony to a Haven spa suite or spa mini-suite.  I'm booked and fully paid for the Escape for Nov.10 sailing and can't seem to find other cruisers who were successful. This is my first time submitting a bid and just the wait alone if giving me anxiety LOL...thanks in advance!

If you are that anxious, why not just buy two spa passes and then you can relax?  I can't imagine it is that much more than a bid from balcony to spa mini suite.

Also - many people seem to find out just a couple of days before sailing.

Edited by DinaS

Thanks for the responses. I almost did buy the passes but decided to wait a little longer. I did go to the never ending link too and boy is that thread long. I even called NCL and the rep I got said that they hold some rooms just for the UAP. So we will see if Lady Luck is on my side!

We are on this cruise too.  The prices have dropped in the last several weeks.  The price for us to upgrade to a spa mini or the haven categories still available is less than the minimum bid price.  Did you ask the NCL rep what the cost is to pay to upgrade to with a spa mini or spa balcony?  Looks like there are many left in both categories, but the Haven spa suites are sold out.

Come join the roll call.

Edited by herdingdogmom

9 hours ago, nitesiren said:

Your chances of winning any Haven room with a minimum bid is none. There are just too few of them with 1500+ able to bid. 

I’m not on this cruise, but we are doing dec 11-22 to nz/aus. I did research on H2 rooms, saw a video and decided I wanted one (we were H4). I put in a bid for 1900 (950pp), but then I asked my travel agent to check on actual price to book/confirm... $1200.  Just a thought. Needless to say, we’re in the H2. 

7 hours ago, Juliesue22 said:

I’m not on this cruise, but we are doing dec 11-22 to nz/aus. I did research on H2 rooms, saw a video and decided I wanted one (we were H4). I put in a bid for 1900 (950pp), but then I asked my travel agent to check on actual price to book/confirm... $1200.  Just a thought. Needless to say, we’re in the H2. 

That is a different ship although you are right that paying outright can be cheaper.

14 hours ago, nitesiren said:

Thanks for the responses. I almost did buy the passes but decided to wait a little longer. I did go to the never ending link too and boy is that thread long. I even called NCL and the rep I got said that they hold some rooms just for the UAP. So we will see if Lady Luck is on my side!

I'm only guessing, but think rep making things up.

Please understand the obvious: a low bid=low chance of upgrade.  There is a good chance somebody will outbid you if you are bidding low ( though maybe that depends on your definition of low).  Of course, you should bid what it is worth to you or what you can afford, so keep your bid low if that’s what you find appropriate for you.  Do not be surprised that others have not been upgraded yet with low-ish bids for a Nov cruise. Many bids (low, medium and solid) are accepted just 2-5 days before the cruise.

On 10/16/2019 at 5:14 PM, nitesiren said:

Think about it. Sell a room for full price. Hold the room and make a tiny fraction of the price for an upgrade. Not. They are not holding any rooms for upgrades.

Per my prior post, the possibility of getting a Haven upgrade at minimum bid is zero. And you won't know until 48 hours before departure when the rejection emails are sent out. 

Edited by BirdTravels