bring ground coffee beans on board?

easyliving

4 hours ago, easyliving said:

Thanks.  Problem solved.

Please bring a supply of baggies to dispose of the grounds into (so the cabin steward does not have to dig out grounds from the other garbage when sorting) and don't flush the grounds down the toilet.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I would not bring a french press, too difficult to clean. I would bring a pour over cup, filters and funnel to make one cup at a time.  That way you can clean it up easily without affecting the plumbing and cabin steward. We bring a bag to toss out the grounds and filter. This does not make a mess.  A french press is not as easy of a clean up. 

Something like this
https://www.amazon.com/Bartelli-Paperless-Coffee-Dripper-Brewer/dp/B0114XW80G/ref=asc_df_B0114XW80G/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167144008776&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17245893015855813339&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032048&hvtargid=pla-316095663097&psc=1

Edited by jennybenny
  • Like 4

I use a Primula Cold Brew maker and will be taking it on my 58 day cruise. It's not big and all I need is ground coffee and water. Coffee goes into the filter, filter goes into the pitcher with water and sits in the fridge for 24 hours! Stays fresh for 2 weeks but I'll drink it before that. Of course I'll take baggies for the used grounds, but this will save time and money, plus giving me delicious coffee everyday.

I’ve been bringing my own coffee with a French press for years and it’s great to pop down to the International Cafe and enjoy my own good cup of coffee. Hubby prefers to buy their tea. Sometimes the staff are happy to clean the French press afterwards (if they’re not too busy). I usually take a pre-ground coffee like Illy coffee because it’s in a sealed tin. 

I ask the staff to fill it with their steamer because then it’s super hot and then just bring me a cup and saucer.

1 hour ago, easyliving said:

What do you mean?

The newer ships from Royal on don't use syrup in the coffee that's in the buffet and MDRs. Royal class ships use actual ground coffee to make the coffee.

If you're booked on Royal, Regal, Enchanted, Sky you'll get fresh brewed coffee anywhere you get coffee.