Adding photo and passport pic after online check in

zitsky

11 minutes ago, mitz18 said:

Or wait until you arrive and have them add the photo at the pier.

OK, right.  Yes.

I thought there was an option to take a picture of your passport and yourself.  I can go to celebrity.com and add a security photo.  But the option to take a photo of the passport is not there.  (Because I added my passport number?)

11 minutes ago, zitsky said:

OK, right.  Yes.

I thought there was an option to take a picture of your passport and yourself.  I can go to celebrity.com and add a security photo.  But the option to take a photo of the passport is not there.  (Because I added my passport number?)

You can add a photo during on-line check-in, however it is not “required”.  And unless the photo is just a headshot and clear, chances are they will take another one at the pier. Takes an additional 10 seconds in line.

• Like 1

I post this question because someone else might ask the same thing.

Appreciate the answers.

There is a category of Expedited Arrival.  Looks like taking photos of app and face is part of that.  Since I skipped that I can't go back and do that.  I can add face photos.  I can't go back and scan my passport.

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

There is a category of Expedited Arrival.  Looks like taking photos of app and face is part of that.  Since I skipped that I can't go back and do that.  I can add face photos.  I can't go back and scan my passport.

There is nothing to add by doing that.

The app doesn't take a photo of the passport, it just scans it to add the passport details, these are the same details you have entered manually...

2 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

There is nothing to add by doing that.

The app doesn't take a photo of the passport, it just scans it to add the passport details, these are the same details you have entered manually...

Ok.  I am not losing sleep over this.  I don't mind waiting in line.  Doesn't AquaClass have expedited boarding anyway? 

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

Ok.  I am not losing sleep over this.  I don't mind waiting in line.  Doesn't AquaClass have expedited boarding anyway? 

Yes, and depending on where you are boarding & what time you arrive, there may not be a long wait. Besides, think of the anticipation of getting on board as you stand in the terminal.  Enjoy!

12 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

This whole thing reminds me of how stores want us to do self-checkout.  nope, that's what I pay them to do 🙂

I love customers who prefer to get in long lines and wait for a cashier, keeping the self-checkout lines short or non-existent. I'm in my car and on my way while they are still edging up to the head of their line. :classic_biggrin: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I love customers who prefer to get in long lines and wait for a cashier, keeping the self-checkout lines short or non-existent. I'm in my car and on my way while they are still edging up to the head of their line. :classic_biggrin: 

Nope.  You decided to buy alcohol and you have to wait for the staff to check your id.

29 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Nope.  You decided to buy alcohol and you have to wait for the staff to check your id.

Nope. I don't buy alcohol at stores with self-checkout, and it's been well over fifty years since I was carded for alcohol purchases! :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

We see the exact opposite.

Customers in a long line waiting to do self-checkout while 2 or 3 cashiers are free.

No problem if something is misscanned (the cashier is there), no problem if sale price not posted, etc.

No such thing as self-checkout lines short or non-existent here.  Maybe it is the demographics.

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

This whole thing reminds me of how stores want us to do self-checkout.  nope, that's what I pay them to do 🙂

Yep.

Tried messing with the crummy app for about 5 minutes (BTW, this is my former business).  Wanting photos uploaded (which people say often have to be redone at the pier), scanning passport that the info is already in the system.  Canned it after 5 minutes since realized it would take longer than it would at the pier.

But then, alas,  I can't claim to be on the forefront of technology like the seniors plodding around on their iphones.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Anyway you can wave at me while I'm in the slow line.

LOL :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, ECCruise said:

We see the exact opposite.

Customers in a long line waiting to do self-checkout while 2 or 3 cashiers are free.

No problem if something is misscanned (the cashier is there), no problem if sale price not posted, etc.

No such thing as self-checkout lines short or non-existent here.  Maybe it is the demographics.

You're right, maybe it is the demographics, or maybe people in my area just haven't gotten into using all this new fangled technology and are sticking to what they're used to. As long as we all have options, we can all be happy.

I'd love to have two or three cashiers checking out customers versus the usual lone cashier. You can add off-the-shelf cough syrup (the "good stuff" is behind the counter in the pharmacy) items requiring approval at the self checkout  lines. Oh well... back to cruising