Crown & Anchor Diamond Lounge notice

kimala

51 minutes ago, PokrChick said:

Humor me please!  I'll be diamond for the first time for my June cruise on the Oasis.  I don't drink.  Will I be able to go up to any bar and grab three bottles of water?  Probably sounds silly to most, but that would make me very happy.  Thanks

Yes

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

So the Allure doesn't have a CL that D+ can also use? 

no, Allure has a Suite Lounge and on the larger ships with a Suite lounge, D+ are excluded and only allowed in the DL. I was on Liberty Oct 6 and did not have access to the SL. Also note the Rhapsody letter, D+ are excluded from the CL.

56 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Don’t hold your breath. Likely to be revenue producing cabins. We didn’t like the new Diamond Lounge on Harmony. 

I agree.

We were on Harmony 3 times in her maiden season and were not fans of the deck 4 DL.

We spent most of our HH on Central Park listening to live music before going to 150 Central Park,Chops Grill or Wonderland for dinner.

9 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

may not be the norm but could be an omen of things to come.

I think there was a report a while ago that the CL concierge on a Vision class ship (may have been Rhapsody) simply made a declaration that D+ are not allowed and kicked everyone out (may have even made an SL sign for the door) - pretty sure that didn't come from Miami as policy nor did it last. The usual reason for D+ not being allowed is too many D+ on that particular sailing, so while not policy from RCI HQ, the net affect could be the same as more and more sailings have so many D+ that the CL is closed to them.

Edited by Biker19

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

Host Clarea, I must say you are the most active and informative host on all of CC. Everyone should say a BIG THANK YOU! 

Here is mine THANK YOU. 

I appreciate the kind words.

39 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We generally always get a GS. We were cruising on Royal 5-8 times a year. A few of those 3/4 days but typically we were doing at minimum of 3 seven night cruises a calendar year. We did two Presidents Cruises. The one on Freedom out of Barcelona was amazing. Great excursions with MB. Only 30 Pinnacles onboard. We learned to love the SL/CK experience on Oasis Class. All that changed on last years Presidents Cruise that was overwhelmed with Pinnacles. It was a horrible experience in the SL/CK. This years cruise sounds like more numbers.  

We are doing some different vacations now. One 15 day River Cruise and a few land based vacations. Royal lost our $ until they make adjustments. 

I bet they really miss you.🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

SL on Deck 17 so no.

We are on Allure next June after her amp so hope they don't move the DL.

Graham...I am on next September.  I am pretty sure the nice roomy DL (formerly originally the CL) is history after dry dock.  Not sure what is going in that space.  Have heard Wonderland, but most rumors are additional cabins.  😞 

46 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

no, Allure has a Suite Lounge and on the larger ships with a Suite lounge, D+ are excluded and only allowed in the DL. I was on Liberty Oct 6 and did not have access to the SL. Also note the Rhapsody letter, D+ are excluded from the CL.

Is that happening again on Rhapsody?  We were on board last January, and new incoming Kumar in the CL announced (with no new signage or advance notice) that he was kicking D+ out of the CL.  That happened the week before we boarded.  Such a howling happened...he had to drop that plan.  

Alan used to be in the CL, but moved to the DL.  We like him better anyway, and he told me he would miss his D+ customers if Kumar finally gets his wish, so he actually wanted to change to the DL.   In reality, we prefer the DL with it's overflow into a section of the aft lounge .  Nice view, better layout...and adore Alan.  🙂 

Edited by island lady

36 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I think there was a report a while ago that the CL concierge on a Vision class ship (may have been Rhapsody) simply made a declaration that D+ are not allowed and kicked everyone out (may have even made an SL sign for the door) - pretty sure that didn't come from Miami as policy nor did it last. The usual reason for D+ not being allowed is too many D+ on that particular sailing, so while not policy from RCI HQ, the net affect could be the same as more and more sailings have so many D+ that the CL is closed to them.

See my post...#65.  

Edited by island lady

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

Graham...I am on next September.  I am pretty sure the nice roomy DL (formerly originally the CL) is history after dry dock.  Not sure what is going in that space.  Have heard Wonderland, but most rumors are additional cabins.  😞 

We are on 6-7 so will report back on the new set up.

We just got off Explorer and never went into the DL at night but went into the CL most nights instead.

Denzel the CL concierge was excellent 

Edited by grapau27

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We are on 6-7 so will report back on the new set up.

We just got off Explorer and never went into the DL at night but went into the CL most nights instead.

Denzel the CL concierge was excellent 

Thanks Graham!  Looking forward to your report when you return.  Hope you have a fantabulous cruise!  🙂 

Will be our first time on Allure...looking forward to it.  Have Harmony coming up in December.  

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

Host Clarea, I must say you are the most active and informative host on all of CC. Everyone should say a BIG THANK YOU! 

Here is mine THANK YOU. 

I agree.

A great big Thank You from Pauline and I to Bob our Host Clarea.

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks Graham!  Looking forward to your report when you return.  Hope you have a fantabulous cruise!  🙂 

Will be our first time on Allure...looking forward to it.  Have Harmony coming up in December.  

Thank you Pat and congratulations in advance for your Pinnacle celebration.

I will post while we are on Allure.

We were  last on Allure in September 2015 and 150 Central Park were doing their 2 different tasting menus then which we did both of them which were excellent.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise on Harmony.

We get on Grand Princess next month from SanFrancisco  to Hawaii and back to SF.

Edited by grapau27