LIVE - B2B 10/26 and 11/2 Halloween, Birthday, and President's Cruise

aring75

8 hours ago, perfect match said:

Loving your review! We stayed in the same Hyatt Place when we sailed Symphony this past May. It worked out great for us!  The only thing I didn’t like was that at only 5 ft tall, I’m really short, and the bed was so high I had to jump to get in it! 😱 For some reason, my DH finds that amusing. 😂

I noticed the fins packed in your luggage, so I was hoping for some snorkeling pictures. 😀 I was not disappointed! 😎 🐡 🐟

I have to laugh at "jumping into bed".

Because of hurricanes we have twice evac'ed to a Hyatt Place (wife's company payed for it).  We have cat that looks to be part coon cat.  He has short legs and weighs 16 lbs.  Needless to say he is not a jumper.  He is normally an outdoor cat, so staying inside is a treat for him, and really wants sleep on the bed in the hotel room.

He would launch himself partway up the side of the bed, and then claw his way to the top.  It was hilarious watching him do this.

BTW:  Hyatt Place is discontinuing the breakfast for everyone sometime in Nov.  You either have to book a room rate that includes it are be part of their "rewards" program (not sure if it is status dependent)

We really like Hyatt Place's 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gatour said:

I have to laugh at "jumping into bed".

Because of hurricanes we have twice evac'ed to a Hyatt Place (wife's company payed for it).  We have cat that looks to be part coon cat.  He has short legs and weighs 16 lbs.  Needless to say he is not a jumper.  He is normally an outdoor cat, so staying inside is a treat for him, and really wants sleep on the bed in the hotel room.

He would launch himself partway up the side of the bed, and then claw his way to the top.  It was hilarious watching him do this.

BTW:  Hyatt Place is discontinuing the breakfast for everyone sometime in Nov.  You either have to book a room rate that includes it are be part of their "rewards" program (not sure if it is status dependent)

We really like Hyatt Place's 

Our 16 lb baby was a Maine Coon mix (unfortunately passed due to heart disease in January this year) and I laughed  at your description of your kitty scrabbling up the side of the bed. 

This is my Casey, and he could’ve definitely related to the struggle. 😀

FA7E8523-7FF8-46CE-BC25-B44494753C12.thumb.jpeg.4b8ffed0022ee779454964e62bd81d54.jpeg

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Thanks! At Maya Chan in Costa Maya now. So we are definitely having an awesome time. 😁😁😁

Agree - we have been there several times (they give a discount for repeat customers). We will be there again on 1/9/20 - can't wait!!!!!

• Like 1

Maya Chan Resort in Costa Maya is a private tour. You book directly with them through their website - www.costamayabeachresort.com

The communication beforehand is top notch, and they limit the number of bookings they take per day. So if you are interested in Maya Chan when you are in Costa Maya, book early. 

It’s important to note that this is a very laid back natural beach resort. But it is ALL-inclusive. Drinks, lunch, kayaks, snorkel gear, everything except optional massages on the beach. Those are $25 for a 1/2 hour and $40 for an hour. 

Although there is plenty of sun, everyone is guaranteed a spot with some shade as well. 

Our view from our perfectly shaded palapa:

74B3098F-C9F5-4E6D-A017-66C097A85A14.thumb.jpeg.9cee76941c40e6305edbd759bb1ed8ce.jpeg

1321FF53-7BCF-4F12-9178-AF6202827DE1.thumb.jpeg.3f06fdd0ffadfc048ad0adf788ea37ac.jpeg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

Wow!!  Happy Birthday! Happy Halloween! Happy President's cruise...Heck just have a happy cruise!!

My birthday is the first day of the next cruise, which is also Royal’s Birthday/President’s Cruise. It was like a sign from the universe! We had to book it. 😁

And thanks! So far, we are having an amazing time. 

46 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Agree - we have been there several times (they give a discount for repeat customers). We will be there again on 1/9/20 - can't wait!!!!!

Yay! Next time we will be repeat customers too! 😁👍

Just a heads-up for anyone looking to book Maya Chan. The road getting here is very bumpy. No. I mean VERY bumpy. Think of it like part of the excursion. It’s worth it. 

Once you arrive they quickly show you where everything is located and then take you to your reserved location for the day. Yep. Your chairs belong to you and your group. No hunting for a spot. And they make sure you’re happy with your location when they seat you. 

Right away they bring you a welcome drink and snack. 

0B18B5DD-78B3-4827-A041-FE23FFABEF66.thumb.jpeg.04388b147d69f3f10ea6ef3f7eea032c.jpeg

58881FA7-E8C1-4C72-BD76-9E22821026E4.thumb.jpeg.ceaa4e634f678b5f2b25eaf1513519f4.jpeg

Guys. I’ve got news. I can eat chips and guac until I. Hate. My. Self. 

So already it’s like I’m in Costa Maya heaven. 

Then they bring you a drink. Whatever you like. And they will keep bringing them. They check to make sure you don’t need anything all day. It’s like being pampered on the beach. 

All day long. 

25CC23EF-F5FB-4AFD-9D20-60387B5400B5.thumb.jpeg.5be7031073faaa33fa047d2e1830999a.jpeg

362D2185-076C-499F-8245-0FEE037BE050.thumb.jpeg.12af9724c9d009027de173ca8fecdcb2.jpeg

Mango Daiquiri

I also ordered a Piña Colada, but they dust the top of it with (a lot) of powdered cinnamon. I thought it made it taste strange. I suggest requesting “no cinnamon” if you get a Piña Colada. 

8278FA73-4E8D-483D-BD16-0888E753B8CA.thumb.jpeg.3ed09b9da299b3dfd5f379d552ad99da.jpeg

Around 11:30 or 12 they come around to let everyone know that lunch is being served. Everything is made fresh right there in the resort kitchens and on the grill. 

There are fresh, handmade corn or flour tortillas. You have a choice of steak, chicken, grilled fish, or cochinita pibil (marinated shredded pork). Then there toppings and seasonings along with rice and charro beans. Everything I ate was delicious. 

Those are freshly pickles red onions in my photo. If I had known lunch was going to be this good, I may have held back a little on the chips and salsa. J/S 😂

32DAB8DA-69DA-4A01-98F4-A3A751652270.thumb.jpeg.4a16f3e56b3fae126481b2e1624fa1eb.jpeg

After lunch they come around to see when you would like for them to schedule your taxi ride back to the port. All transportation to and from the resort is included in your booking fee here (you are welcome to tip the taxi driver if you like, but they make a point to tell you there is no charge for the taxi).

2 minutes ago, Croozin Soozin said:

Loving your review and all the excellent photos!  Looking forward to more!

Thanks! Having a great time. It’s been a long time since we did a Western Caribbean itinerary. Living in the Tampa area, I’m beginning to think we should do it more often!

So, Mark decided to get the 1/2 hour massage. It’s been 55 minutes and I’m beginning to think I might be leaving my husband in Costa Maya. 😂

Taxi is scheduled to pick us up in 21 minutes. 

And counting. 

Edited by aring75

Great review!  Sounds like you are making the most of your time and enjoying everything.  Loved the underwater photos.  We’ll be boarding on Saturday for the birthday bash cruise.  Cannot wait!  Following along with you is definitely helping, though. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 1:59 PM, aring75 said:

Lunch menu for the first Sea Day:

On Symphony, MDR lunch is on Deck 3 and there are two sides. You line up in one side for the MDR buffet and the other for a la carte (ordering from the menu). There are signs directing you where to line up, but this seemed to make the process go much more smoothly than it did on Vision in June. And Vision was a much smaller ship. 

Thanks for taking the time out of your cruise to post! 

You mentioned lining up on one side for the buffet and then the other for a la carte?  The server doesn't take your order, or is this new, and the a la carte items are self serve too?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Love your review and can't wait to hear about the birthday cruise, yours and RCCL's.   

We have enjoyed Maya Chan  many times but that bus ride is a killer.  We found a great beach club  in Mahajual that we enjoy.

M

Thanks! This is definitely a great birthday gift to me, and I’m really looking forward to the Birthday festivities RCCL might have in store! 😀

40 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I just caught up.

Looks like the sea grass was good to you at Maya Chan for your visit. Glad you enjoyed Roatan, at our go to place.

I’m here for your B2B, and enjoying it. 

Seagrass wasn’t terrible. They were raking the beach the entire time we were there, but I know in FL when the sargassum is heavy it has that characteristic “smell.” That wasn’t bad at all. 

And Roatan was great! 👍

35 minutes ago, kmorg1234 said:

Great review!  Sounds like you are making the most of your time and enjoying everything.  Loved the underwater photos.  We’ll be boarding on Saturday for the birthday bash cruise.  Cannot wait!  Following along with you is definitely helping, though. 

Thanks! Yes, we are certainly trying to balance the active time with the lazy down time. The lazy time might be winning out slightly! 😂

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

Thanks for taking the time out of your cruise to post! 

You mentioned lining up on one side for the buffet and then the other for a la carte?  The server doesn't take your order, or is this new, and the a la carte items are self serve too?

When you dine in the MDR for lunch, you go to one side if you ONLY want to do the buffet. If you want to sit down and have the waiter take your order, you will go to the a la carte side. However, I think you can still grab something from the buffet if you’d like when you sit here. 

Sorry I wasn’t too clear before. 😊