Live from the Regal Oct 25- Nov 10 Canada and Carribean

pkt1976

Sitting here in the airport waiting to leave on my red eye flight, I’m questioning my life choices. Me when I booked- oh yes I’ll book a red eye leAving about 11pm so I can have a nap after work. My body reminded me it doesn’t do naps and I’ll be roaming La Guardia and New York like a zombie from the Walking Dead in the morning without a doubt. I can’t even knock myself out because I have a stop on the way and so Caffeine will be my nearest and dearest friend tomorrow I’m sure. I’ll be on the Regal for 15 nights, the longest stretch I’ve ever been on a cruise. We will go to Halifax, St Johns, back to NYC, then on to Aruba, Antigua and St Martins before ending in Florida. I’ll post as I can and will be doing tours in most of the ports.

• Like 6

Whoo hoo made It to Atlanta for my 2nd leg. I am officially team no sleep. I did not sleep at home before I left and I did not sleep on flight 1... maybe 30 minutes total tops. I booked a Princess transfer this time and I’m glad. When I’m tired I’m pretty much useless so having someone to tell me where to go is a good thing. I will be going to the Enclave soon after boarding to Sign up. I booked for the 10 day but forgot about the 5 day. We will see if I make it until tonight or have nap time before muster. 

Despite living in NE for 8 years, I’ve always wanted to do a NE cruise but never have. So jealous. Have an amazing time!!

Andrew

I'm on the same B2B, 5 day then 10 day. My flight this morning only took 1 hr, but I had to get up very early to drive to the airport so I only got 3 hrs sleep. Can't wait for an afternoon nap! I'm still at JFK airport waiting for the shuttle to the ship. 

I spent 192 days on a cruise earlier this year and visited all these ports...but the sea is calling me again! I love the Regal and was blessed with an upsell to a Penthouse suite! Hope that shuttle comes soon cuz my eyes keep closing! 🥴

One correction on the title of this thread...this B2B cruise is from October 26 - November 10.

Edited by Go-Bucks!

3 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I'm on the same B2B, 5 day then 10 day. My flight this morning only took 1 hr, but I had to get up very early to drive to the airport so I only got 3 hrs sleep. Can't wait for an afternoon nap! I'm still at JFK airport waiting for the shuttle to the ship. 

I spent 192 days on a cruise earlier this year and visited all these ports...but the sea is calling me again! I love the Regal and was blessed with an upsell to a Penthouse suite! Hope that shuttle comes soon cuz my eyes keep closing! 🥴

One correction on the title of this thread...this B2B cruise is from October 26 - November 10.

This is what happens when I don’t sleep 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, c-boy said:

well pkt ya picked a good time to bug out, PG & E is shutting of power today

I got an Alert that they may shut off power where I live. Fortunately it’s not too hot and I have someone looking after my fur devil. 

• Like 1

where is Enclave located?  I looked on Princess website deck plans and don't see it.  Also where is shuffleboard located. Princess website says deck 17 and 18

Edited by AF-1

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

where is Enclave located?  I looked on Princess website deck plans and don't see it.  Also where is shuffleboard located. Princess website says deck 17 and 18

The Enclave is in the Lotus Spa Area, deck 5 forward. I don’t know where shuffleboard is but will keep an eye out for it. 

16 hours ago, pkt1976 said:

Sitting here in the airport waiting to leave on my red eye flight, I’m questioning my life choices. Me when I booked- oh yes I’ll book a red eye leAving about 11pm so I can have a nap after work. My body reminded me it doesn’t do naps and I’ll be roaming La Guardia and New York like a zombie from the Walking Dead in the morning without a doubt. I can’t even knock myself out because I have a stop on the way and so Caffeine will be my nearest and dearest friend tomorrow I’m sure. I’ll be on the Regal for 15 nights, the longest stretch I’ve ever been on a cruise. We will go to Halifax, St Johns, back to NYC, then on to Aruba, Antigua and St Martins before ending in Florida. I’ll post as I can and will be doing tours in most of the ports.

My family loves when I book red eyes.  They always make sense when I book, but after flying from Hawaii with no sleep for 34 hours, we were all pretty snippy with each other.  😂

Looking forward to your review!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, pkt1976 said:

Here are the day 1 patters and a pic from my balcony. On the 10 day I have an inside across the hall. Enclave pre purchase was $99, it’s 119 on board for the 5 day. 

I got a better deal for booking it for the entire B2B (15 days)...$199. It wasn't published...offered it at the spa.

I feel much better today after a good nights sleep. I usually  go to a show or party and unpack day 1. None of that happened... sleep happened. Backing up a bit, I did take the Princess shuttle from LGA to the port. I read there was a lot of construction at LGA and I thought that after a red eye flight, simple and was best, and given that I didn’t sleep, I was very pleased with at least one of my pre cruise decisions. Embarcation was quick and easy as I had received my Medallion in the mail. My Ocean App is unfortunately confused and thinks I’m on another ship so I don’t have all functions. If you didn’t know, the first drink you order on the App is free! The Ocean team is working on my account, though the only reason I really care is the free drink 🤣🤷‍♀️

I did spend about an hour at the Enclave before dinner last night in the pool, not on the loungers as i didn’t want to fall asleep. 

I am trying late traditional dining this cruise and there are aspects I do like. It is now at 7:45pm. I was determined that I was going to dinner and I should suck it up and not even sit on the bed. I’m at a table for 6 and there were 4 other folks. 2 of them are on their first cruise ever. I love hearing from first timers who are having an all new experience. 

Tired me is clumsy me and I had a little fall  last night And now have a very huge and very Dark bruise in an unfortunate location, but fortunately where most wont see it. I was getting dressed this morning and caught a glimpse, followed by a gasp and not nice word. At first I had no idea what I’d done, then remembered that graceful moment. I always have to have an injury once a cruise, it’s become a tradition so hopefully that’s out of the way this trip.