NCL "HAVEN" and laundry?

Wildblue

I am having trouble finding information about NCL Haven perks as they relate to laundry. We will be on a 17 day cruise, so going without laundry is not an option. In our past experiences, I know there is generally a time or two when they offer laundry at 19.95 per bag, which is helpful. My specific question, however, is - Does booking "HAVEN" suite entitle you to any laundry perks? Thank you.

Not in our experience. They may do them faster or let you get them in slightly late, but it’s the same deal - special pricing once or twice a cruise (depending on length) for one bag. Do note that this is purely wash and fold (on one of our cruises they actually pressed items for us, but on the rest they’ve just folded and on certain clothing items that’s just a hot mess - so don’t send anything in that bag that needs any care at all to look good).  Sounds like a great journey, have fun!

P.S. there are so discounts for the loyalty levels on laundry services and they press evening wear for the first formal-ish night.

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1

On our most recent cruise (11 nights in a suite - not haven on the Jade) we were offered the laundry promo twice.   Our traveling companions were offered the same promo, same pricing - all you can stuff in the bag for $19.95 (ish).   What I noticed is that our bags were much larger than the bag offered in the Mini-suite and the Inside cabin.   I was able to get a lot of items of various sizes into that bag - fold and roll, don't stuff.

I wouldn't send anything delicate or that couldn't be washed in an industrial machine.  Our items came back clean, folded and a bit scratchy.  However for a mid-week wash it was great.  

Have a great trip.  

13 hours ago, Wildblue said:

I am having trouble finding information about NCL Haven perks as they relate to laundry. We will be on a 17 day cruise, so going without laundry is not an option. In our past experiences, I know there is generally a time or two when they offer laundry at 19.95 per bag, which is helpful. My specific question, however, is - Does booking "HAVEN" suite entitle you to any laundry perks? Thank you.

No.  However suite guests get a canvas laundry bag which is much easier to over stuff than the paper bags when they offer the ship wide laundry special.

Edited by Love my butler
  • Like 2

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

Has this policy changed or been updated? 

Laundry

Pressing

Please and TY

If you are in the Haven, the laundry bag you use is larger and fabric (thin, smaller, paper bag is left in standard room).  The current cost per bag, without any discount or "Free" perk is $29.00/per bag!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

If you are in the Haven, the laundry bag you use is larger and fabric (thin, smaller, paper bag is left in standard room).  The current cost per bag, without any discount or "Free" perk is $29.00/per bag!

I believe the $29 for a bag is a special, which occurs around day 3 or 4 on a 7 day cruise. There were two $29/bag days on our 16-day cruise, although they only advertised the second time it occurred which was day 12, I think.

9 minutes ago, GALSews said:

I believe the $29 for a bag is a special, which occurs around day 3 or 4 on a 7 day cruise. There were two $29/bag days on our 16-day cruise, although they only advertised the second time it occurred which was day 12, I think.

You are right about the special pricing days (I forgot to add that part). Thank for the update of that information!!!

• Like 1

IIRC...pressing of garments were something like $5/ea for a top or bottom....shirt or pant....dresses may have been more.

I have been lucky and got my clothes back the next day, but I think 48 hours turnaround is the norm.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/18/2024 at 11:20 AM, mktmzm said:

Can anyone elaborate on Haven clothing steaming/pressing? I will have some linen items that I would like pressed on embarkation

Personally I stay away from items that require pressing. Put them in the bathroom and turn on the shower for 5 minutes. It gets most wrinkles out. Plus I bring Downey Wrinkle Release. Just spray it on and smooth out wrinkles. Also, you can request an iron brought to your cabin by your room steward.

Edited by kitty-sail
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have to tell my laundry experience in Bliss.  Stayed in aft Haven.  The laundry bag was a real, larger cloth bag that didn't tear apart when stuffed.  Filled my free laundry as Platinum.  Everything came back washed, folded and mostly separated within 2 days ( spent abut 15 min removing the sticky tags).  The next day I wore a newly washed shirt.  Turned out I was allergic to the detergent ( or something).  That evening, while changing, I noticed my stomach and side covered in little bumps ( I cant believe it was bedbugs).  They hurt for a few days when showering, but they didn't go away until I got back home ( 1 week later).  Once home, I tossed everything ( even the newly washed clothes) into the wash using my own laundry detergent.   That was the first time I have ever had an allergic reaction to laundry when cruising.  Will try the platinum laundry perk gain,BUT, if I get another reaction, NO MORE LAUNDRY ON SHIP ( unless  can do self laundry, and bring my own detergent).