Caribbean Sunshine Aboard the Shadow December 10, 2019

spinnaker2

46 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Terry you made a pun about the stars.   As did i

Oh, so puns can be punishing, especially if someone like me is slow on the uptake??!!  Appreciate the follow-up educational efforts.  

Was there any mention about the new Silver Origin that is scheduled to sail in the Galápagos Island in early August 2020?  We are consider doing the Galápagos with Silversea on this newly-designed ship in late January 2021.

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Barcelona/Med: June 2011, with stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 249,817 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

4 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

Appreciate from Spins this follow-up and added details on the Internet, etc., etc.  Great insights and info. 

BUT, maybe I am slow, however, I did not totally understand the "connection" and/or context for this above "fault dear Terry is not in our stars but in ourselves".  Help me!

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 47,947 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Think Shakespeare dear Brutus

Anytime I see a quote from Shakespeare's plays, I'm impressed Spins!  Imagine how long ago the wisdom comes from.  (never end a sentence with a preposition just rang in my ears)  Nowornever, yes as you say for shelves, not a shoe rack on the bottom I think but hope Spins can confirm

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

Think Shakespeare dear Brutus

Now, finally, I "GET IT"!!   Did a little Google search and found: 

Cassius: "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, But in ourselves, that we are underlings." Cassius, a nobleman, is speaking with his friend, Brutus, and trying to persuade him that, in the best interests of the public, Julius Caesar must be stopped from becoming monarch of Rome.

Given that I have never been that interested in Shakespeare and his writing, that explains why I was so slow on the uptake.  Great patience in elevating my literary knowledge.  It all comes together.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:47 PM, turtlemichael said:

What happened on what cruise seems to fade together more as I get older. It may have been on one of the smaller Seabourn sisters, rather than on Silversea, but I do recall a navigation officer giving a talk on the sky at sea on a blacked out top deck to an interested group of passengers late one night.  I'm sure most navigation officers would still have a good working knowledge of the sky, even in this day and age, and I'd support Silversea in doing something like this occasionally.  It's something most of us don't see in the cities we live in.

We had a WONDERFUL talk about the night sky in the Kimberly (Australia) on board Silver Discoverer (no longer in service).  It was given by one of the expedition staff.  They turned off the deck lights once everyone was safely assembled and we had almost perfect darkness, and the fascinating Antipodean sky.  Definitely a highlight.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2020 at 2:39 PM, JTor said:

We had a WONDERFUL talk about the night sky in the Kimberly (Australia) on board Silver Discoverer (no longer in service).  It was given by one of the expedition staff.  They turned off the deck lights once everyone was safely assembled and we had almost perfect darkness, and the fascinating Antipodean sky.  Definitely a highlight.

That must have been amazing. I always thought out at sea miles from anywhere, you'd always get a great night sky.... But alas the ship lighting is as polluting to the view as as street lighting, so it was a very thoughtful thing they did. 

In looking back thru some photos from this cruise I was surprised to see that I was able to capture a flying fish through my lens. They have been elusive to my shutter up to this moment. Admittedly I needed a faster speed but still I caught one, and I let it go too!

1681456644_flyingfish.JPG.6991838fe9130e6c437e7096bc47243c.JPG

Concur with JP.   Candy--your photography skill set is terrific.

Hope to capture some OK+ shots with my new Iphone Moment wide and tele lenses next month on the Silver Cloud.

Edited by WesW
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, WesW said:

Concur with JP.   Candy--your photography skill set is terrific.

Hope to capture some OK+ shots with my new Iphone Moment wide and tele lenses next month on the Silver Cloud.

Many thanks Wes.

It's my camera not me.

We were supposed to be on the cruise you will be on so I will be thrilled to see the footage!

Not too long now.