Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Suzcruz57

Eurodam aft cabin 5191

Recommended Posts

We’re doing the Panama Canal in a rear facing balcony, and are very excited about this. Can anyone share any info about these balcony’s? I believe we have a bathtub. I wonder how much the balcony is covered, can we look down and see the water, or is there an obstruction? Are the TVs over in the corner or in front of the bed. Any pics etc. Thanks much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on Zuiderdam on 5th deck in Neptune aft wrap and it was amazing!  On Zuiderdam and that class ship, the 5th deck is completely covered.   We loved having the side view along with the back.  During the transit, we did go to the front to see that view for a bit, but then returned to our cabin, and watched the mules pull us along the canal.   We have great photos of a China ship beside us in the canal.
 

This is one of my favorite cruises!  Be sure and enjoy the Panama Rolls the morning of the transit!   Yummy.    

Edited by Gigi1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops, hit reply to soon.  The TV is across from bed.  
 

You do have a tub.   If it is an aft balcony, it will be a tub shower combo.   If it is a Neptune aft, it will be separate tub/shower.  
 

You should certainly be able to look down and see the water!   We LOVE the aft cabins!  
 

Enjoy your cruise! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Suzcruz57 said:

We’re doing the Panama Canal in a rear facing balcony, and are very excited about this. Can anyone share any info about these balcony’s? I believe we have a bathtub. I wonder how much the balcony is covered, can we look down and see the water, or is there an obstruction? Are the TVs over in the corner or in front of the bed. Any pics etc. Thanks much

http://halfacts.com/vista-class/5191-zuiderdam-s/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in 5191 last August to Alaska.  You can definitely see the water.  If I remember, though I will have to check my pictures later, it is a shower/tub and the TV was across from the bed.  The Balcony is partially shaded... maybe 1/2 or so.  No obstructions.  I absolutely loved sitting on the balcony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Langham1865
misspelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dobiemom said:

5191 on the Eurodam is a "regular" aft-facing cabin, NOT an aft wrap. 

You beat me to it!  And even if Z-dam 5191 was just a VB and not a corner suite, it is very different from E-dam deck 5 aft VBs because the Z has fully-covered very deep balconies.

Edited by catl331

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

5191 on the Eurodam is a "regular" aft-facing cabin, NOT an aft wrap. 

Where did OP say Eurodam?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Suzcruz57 said:

I wonder how much the balcony is covered, can we look down and see the water, or is there an obstruction?

I would say about 3/4 covered, no obstructions

 

DSCN0160.thumb.jpg.0c248b3723f9491386cf43580c764848.jpg

Edited by catl331

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We always book the deck 4 aft (non-wrap) balconies.   In those, when you lean on the railing of your balcony, and look down, all you see is water and the ship's prop wash.   On any decks above deck 4, because of the tiered structure of the back of the ship, you do look down on the balconies below you.   If all you want to see is water, deck 4 aft balconies are the only place to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic! Hopefully no soot. Vibrations hopefully won’t be a problem, part of the experience. I will say, we usually book a higher cabin. We’ll see. Thanks all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Langham1865 said:

I was in 5191 last August to Alaska.  You can definitely see the water.  If I remember, though I will have to check my pictures later, it is a shower/tub and the TV was across from the bed.  The Balcony is partially shaded... maybe 1/2 or so.  No obstructions.  I absolutely loved sitting on the balcony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure about your tv response. Is it in front of the bed , or over in the corner, above the mirror?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Suzcruz57 said:

Not sure about your tv response. Is it in front of the bed , or over in the corner, above the mirror?

Wall mounted at the foot of the bed. Any pics showing it on a corner shelf are old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Suzcruz57 said:

Not sure about your tv response. Is it in front of the bed , or over in the corner, above the mirror?

I don't remember location of tv.. I thought I had pictures of the whole room, but do not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, catl331 said:

Wall mounted at the foot of the bed. Any pics showing it on a corner shelf are old.

Great to hear. We love to chill to the movies. And location of the tv is pivotal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on Eurodam in October in an aft Neptune Suite on Deck 4 and loved it. Just a 4-day cruise, but you see the railing for the veranda, water and sky. We always try to get the aft cabins, even we're not in a Neptune Suite. Only downside, it's along walk to anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...