Email cancelling dining reservations on Bliss

johnkiely

8 minutes ago, salty dingo said:

Who pre-reserves the MDR? I thought those days were long gone.

I do, when traveling with my extended family so as to assure we can be accommodated at the time we desire.  If that doesn't suit your needs, kindly remain silent!

46 minutes ago, HuliHuli said:

I do, when traveling with my extended family so as to assure we can be accommodated at the time we desire.  If that doesn't suit your needs, kindly remain silent!

It does amaze me how so many people go negative and taunt others on this site.  Good for you if you reserve MDR. Others just taunt to get a rise...nothing better to do I guess...

• Like 3

I received this email and found my Q reservation was gone. I called NCL and they did not know what happened then found the letter but did not know what was going on. They also could not add a reservation for Q. They said make the reservation onboard. So I made a reservation for teppanyaki but most times were take up as well as most SD restaurants booked. I hope to change it to Q once onboard. I was really looking forward to Q at the time I originally booked. This is a pain in the butt as I had booked early to get the time I wanted. I still have a copy of my original Q reservation. Very strange that NCL cannot explain. I have never seen something like this with any of my cruises or on the boards.  
for the person that said who makes reservations for MDR. I always do!!!!  I do not want to be that person or the people waiting behind the folks that walk up and ask to get in when others have reservations waiting for them to figure out what they are going to do since they have no table avail.  Each to their own but not judging. 😊

I am on Bliss Dec 13. 

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Lots of people who want priority seating at prime time. 

We actually never had much of a wait at Taste or Savor when we just walked up for a table for two. Maybe we were just lucky.

I did notice many times, a large family group would be waiting in the hallway. They were told they would not be seated for the reservation until all members of the party were present. That's a good idea, because the staff is too busy to seat the same table multiple times.

On 11/12/2019 at 9:16 AM, disneylover89 said:

You usually cannot reserve the Manhattan room.  Also weird the other dining venue is called BBQ vs Q.  Must have been a computer glitch.

Interesting: we have always reserved the Manhattan room. 

I do think, like you there must be a glitch in the system and that is how I take the message.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

Interesting: we have always reserved the Manhattan room. 

I do think, like you there must be a glitch in the system and that is how I take the message.  

When I go on the app, the specialty dining restaurants show the date I can book when I click on it. When I click on the 3 free restaurants it say Reservations are not offered.  We are sailing on the Joy

8 hours ago, salty dingo said:

We actually never had much of a wait at Taste or Savor when we just walked up for a table for two. Maybe we were just lucky.

I did notice many times, a large family group would be waiting in the hallway. They were told they would not be seated for the reservation until all members of the party were present. That's a good idea, because the staff is too busy to seat the same table multiple times.

I cruise NCL 2-3 times/year without MDR reservations and have rarely waited more than a few minutes for a table.  However, if I were part of a large group dining together I would probably reserve tables.