carnivals shuttles

cheri

Hi we are flying to Long Beach for the Carnival Panorama cruise in Feb. We are thinking about taking the shuttle to LAX to fly home. Has anyone use the shuttle and can you let me know how I get sign up on them and what the cost. Any tips in this area also. Ty for all comments

anything but the shuttles, a real P.I.A. You have to wait until the entire bus fills before your depart. You are going to stop at every terminal, hope yours isn't last. We are huge fans of Uber/Lyft, no waiting and a fair price

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, coevan said:

anything but the shuttles, a real P.I.A. You have to wait until the entire bus fills before your depart. You are going to stop at every terminal, hope yours isn't last. We are huge fans of Uber/Lyft, no waiting and a fair price

Thank you for your honesty lol I think I just might pass and do the uber. Happy cruising

27 minutes ago, ABCGreys said:

I agree with the above. Plenty of taxis or call for an Uber. The Carnival shuttle is annoying. You have to wait for it to fill up. 

It's not even just annoying, we found often Uber/Lyft is also cheaper because you are not charged per person, but per ride.  We actually took Lyft all the way from Houston to the port in Galveston because there were two of us and it would have cost double to take the shuttle, i.e. it was the same cost total for both of us in the car as one person on the shuttle. Plus it was private and on our own schedule! 

I'm looking at Super Shuttle from LAX to Long Beach. They have an app just like Uber and Lyft. I think if I had more people Uber or Lyft would be more cost effective. Thinking about renting a car post cruise and staying a couple days then returning it at the airport but I haven't gotten that far in the planning yet.

Edited by Saint Greg

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2019 at 2:46 PM, Saint Greg said:

I'm looking at Super Shuttle from LAX to Long Beach. They have an app just like Uber and Lyft. I think if I had more people Uber or Lyft would be more cost effective. Thinking about renting a car post cruise and staying a couple days then returning it at the airport but I haven't gotten that far in the planning yet.

Making sure you are aware that SuperShuttle is ceasing operations as of Dec31