New experience with the timing of the issuing of docs

Merion_Mom

It is well-known here on Cruise Critic that docs are issued at the 49 day mark.

Today is 49 days before my January 5 cruise on the Anthem.

I received an email today informing me that my docs are ready.

I'm on a B2B2B.

I also received emails that my January 16 docs are ready and my January 27 docs are ready.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

• Like 1

A little unrelated but have you been able to book any of the on board stuff /entertainment yet? We’re also cruising Jan 5 on Anthem and nothing has opened yet to pre book. We’ve been told 60 days out it’d be available but it’s not for us yet. RCCL says its a “server issue” and we may just have to wait till we board to book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, banditoo said:

Are you referring to the boarding passes? If so, I was able to checkin and print my documents a couple weeks ago for January 18 and January 30 cruises. That makes almost 90 days ahead for the January 30 cruise. 

Cruise documents (which include luggage tags) are different than the set sail pass.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I also received emails that my January 16 docs are ready and my January 27 docs are ready.

Since this is RC, I have to ask: Were you actually able to download the 1/16 amd 1/27 docs, or did you only get the emails?

8 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Since this is RC, I have to ask: Were you actually able to download the 1/16 and 1/27 docs, or did you only get the emails?

Funny that you should ask.  😉 

I didn't think to check that.

So, I just checked.  Yes, docs/luggage tags are available for all three.

But when I checked the 3rd one, it turned out that I had never filled out my check-in info.  So I did it now.  But the docs were there before, anyway.

🤣

17 hours ago, allisonb22 said:

A little unrelated but have you been able to book any of the on board stuff /entertainment yet? We’re also cruising Jan 5 on Anthem and nothing has opened yet to pre book. We’ve been told 60 days out it’d be available but it’s not for us yet. RCCL says its a “server issue” and we may just have to wait till we board to book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

No.

Agree: No.

But I am estimating that they will show up shortly, end of this week or beginning of next.  Just keep checking.

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Funny that you should ask.  😉 

I didn't think to check that.

So, I just checked.  Yes, docs/luggage tags are available for all three.

But when I checked the 3rd one, it turned out that I had never filled out my check-in info.  So I did it now.  But the docs were there before, anyway.

🤣

Thanks for the update Carol.😊

53 minutes ago, TinkBellaMom said:

We are booked on a cruise departing Jan. 24.  Our set sail docs have been ready since 90 day mark.  Luggage tags still show pending.  We didn’t receive the usual e-mail, I just happened to be in the trip planner on that day and noticed they were ready.

Docs & luggage tags are not issued until 49 days before your cruise, or thereabouts, until what just happened to me.  90 days out is the time for checking in online and getting your SetSail Pass.  Two different things.