Meraviglia YC Deck 14

HideoutII

Hello,

Does anyone have knowledge about deck 14 in the YC on the Meraviglia?  

It looks like there are regular cabins just next to the YC cabins.

Are the YC cabins separated by a wall so that it has private access and no access for non-YC cabins?

Aside from deck 14 being far away from the Top Sail and the Restaurant and the Pool, is there any other reason to avoid deck 14?

Has anyone sailed in the YC deck 14?

Any input about Deck 14 YC would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

There's a door that separates YC from the rest of the ship on deck 14.

20170618_155107.thumb.jpg.9aa1ed38236d79505434c1873ed58a42.jpg

Personally I would never choose a cabin on this deck;  it feels detached from the YC area.  We've had cabins on both deck16 and 18.  Deck 16 would be our preferred choice, being on the same level as TSL and the concierge.

• Thanks 1

We were originally booked on deck 14 for our recent sailing.  It was all that was available at the time and I was willing to accept it just to be in YC.  Believe me, being on any deck in YC  is going to be better than being anywhere else on the ship!  TSL, One Pool deck and YC restaurant cannot be topped by any other places or cabin facilities elsewhere!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

We're sailing on Deck 14 of the Meraviglia in about 2 1/2 weeks. It was the only deck with rooms left when we booked for our category (YIN). I'm sorry to hear @Beamafar saying it's not very good. Still, we're so excited to be sailing in YC, we'll manage.

I would agree with Bea, inasmuch as I would not CHOOSE to be on that deck. If it were the only deck with YC available, then I would book in a heartbeat. Do not fret, it's not the cabin location that does for YC, rather the whole YC experience!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

We're sailing on Deck 14 of the Meraviglia in about 2 1/2 weeks. It was the only deck with rooms left when we booked for our category (YIN). I'm sorry to hear @Beamafar saying it's not very good. Still, we're so excited to be sailing in YC, we'll manage.

I just got off of the Seaside and sailed in the YC. It was great. It appears that deck 14 is the only deck in the YC that is available for the date that I want.

It would be great if you could give us some further input after you have had a cabin on deck 14.

I still have time to cancel or try to find another date if deck 14 is a problem.

Enjoy your cruise. 

Thanks in advance for your input.

31 minutes ago, HideoutII said:

I just got off of the Seaside and sailed in the YC. It was great. It appears that deck 14 is the only deck in the YC that is available for the date that I want.

It would be great if you could give us some further input after you have had a cabin on deck 14.

I still have time to cancel or try to find another date if deck 14 is a problem.

Enjoy your cruise. 

Thanks in advance for your input.

Absolutely.

Just now, floridian1 said:

booked on deck 14 grandiosa (same layout as meraviglia) it was the only one avail...I'm also wanting to hear from others that have had a room in YC on that deck. How many elevators are there inside YC?

Just the one, that goes from deck 14, thru' 16 and 18, to deck 19.  The main bank of elevators is just outside the YC enclave.

• Thanks 1

We sailed on MSC Meraviglia in YC1 on deck 15 and walked every deck in the Yacht Club. Deck 14 seems quiet with less passenger cabins compared to other decks. It doesn’t make a difference if you use the elevator from deck 14 or deck 15 to the YC Restaurant.

Although we prefer deck 16 and 15 we see no problem in the location of deck 14.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mafig said:

I just checked the Review section and there are about 5 reviews of suites on Deck 14.  I see no negatives....the usual great YC reviews.

I, personally, would select this deck over one directly under the pool.

I didn't find the reviews in my search. But, now that I know that they are there, I will search harder. Thanks for letting me know.

1 hour ago, SirWolf said:

We sailed on MSC Meraviglia in YC1 on deck 15 and walked every deck in the Yacht Club. Deck 14 seems quiet with less passenger cabins compared to other decks. It doesn’t make a difference if you use the elevator from deck 14 or deck 15 to the YC Restaurant.

Although we prefer deck 16 and 15 we see no problem in the location of deck 14.

My stateroom on MSC Meraviglia is on Deck 15.  There were no staterooms available on Deck 16 when I booked.  I believe I will be pleased with my location.  Certainly would not have booked a stateroom--even in YC--under the Pool Deck!

16 hours ago, HideoutII said:

I didn't find the reviews in my search. But, now that I know that they are there, I will search harder. Thanks for letting me know.

Did you find them?

Just go down to the Member Cruise Reviews section.  Put in Meraviglia.  Then at the top click on cabins, then suites.  There's about 5 reviews with the no. 14....

Edited by mafig

Just got off Meraviglia with a YC cabin on Deck 14. Honestly, it was just fine ... the halls which go from the Topsail to the outside area is much shorter than the Seaside, a very short stroll from any location on Deck 14. It was VERY quiet, very convenient to the elevator - which is never more than a few seconds away. 

• Like 3