Earliest flight home from Miami on a sunday?

abbflex

Hello. 

We`re on Meraviglia 5th april.   Havent booked flights yet, but am pondering on when is the earliest we should book flights?  I have a good offer on a flight that leaves 13:50 from Miami International.  Not sure how long before I need to be there before flights back to Europe (Norway) ?  Got a few alternatives later in day, but if we can save a couple of  hundre dollars I ll be happy too. 

Uber from Cruise Port to MIA is about $19.00 and takes 10 minutes with no traffic on a Sunday morning. Cab fare is a flat rate of less than $30 (haven’t used a Cab for some time) if you do not use Uber and Cabs will be lined up and waiting. 

3 minutes ago, jdvmd said:

Yes, I would not have a problem booking that one.

We just did a 10:30 a.m. international flight last month after getting off of the Seaside.

Thanks,  cause the wife booked the wrong plane after I started this thread, we`re now on the 12:41 from Miami to jfk, before long haul to London and then Oslo.  😅 She paniced a bit after finding out, but then we learned we could ask for early walk off with our luggage.   Gonna try and book a private transfer to keep her calm then, so we dont need to wait for taxi or uber queues.  

1 minute ago, abbflex said:

Thanks,  cause the wife booked the wrong plane after I started this thread, we`re now on the 12:41 from Miami to jfk, before long haul to London and then Oslo.  😅 She paniced a bit after finding out, but then we learned we could ask for early walk off with our luggage.   Gonna try and book a private transfer to keep her calm then, so we dont need to wait for taxi or uber queues.  

You will be fine. The taxi line moves quickly. Everyone will be off the ship no later than 10 a.m.  You will be at MIA in 10 minutes.  Quick and easy!

I would suggest a Cab is better than booking a “private transfer.” You will not have any trouble getting one. There will be many many lined up and you won’t have to worry about a private transfer finding you or having to circle etc. A Cab definitely quicker way to go. And save you $.

Taxi is fine, no waiting.  Faster and easier than looking for a private car.

If anything I'd be more focused on the transfer at Heathrow.   Hopefully you have a little time there.

By the way, our daughter spent a month in Oslo last summer on study abroad.  She LOVED her stay in Norway!

Edited by bouhunter