Lobster in MDR on 5 Day + Cruises

Cruise-Crazy

2 hours ago, Cruise-Crazy said:

Do they have Lobster night on 5 day + cruises?  I know they keep cutting back, hard to keep on the latest. 

You have to read the fine print anymore to keep up. Some of the traditional items associated with Carnival that have changed, like the lobster,  should come with one of those narrator voice overs on the pharmaceutical commercials on TV. "Lobster is available on cruises lasting 6 days or more only, if you develop hives, blotches or difficulty breathing stop eating the lobster and ask your wait staff for something else."  😉

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

You have to read the fine print anymore to keep up. Some of the traditional items associated with Carnival that have changed, like the lobster,  should come with one of those narrator voice overs on the pharmaceutical commercials on TV. "Lobster is available on cruises lasting 6 days or more only, if you develop hives, blotches or difficulty breathing stop eating the lobster and ask your wait staff for something else."  😉

What do the other lines do in this area (I really do not know)?

You can order a lobster tail from the Steakhouse Selections ($20) in the main dining room. I do it on every cruise that doesn't have a Steakhouse  restaurant and the tails are so much larger than the tiny ones you get on lobster night on the 6+ night cruises. Delicious and well worth the extra charge.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

You can order a lobster tail from the Steakhouse Selections ($20) in the main dining room. I do it on every cruise that doesn't have a Steakhouse  restaurant and the tails are so much larger than the tiny ones you get on lobster night on the 6+ night cruises. Delicious and well worth the extra charge.

Oh, I do that too.  They are a bit bigger and seem better than what you would get on Lobster night. 

17 minutes ago, Cruise-Crazy said:

Oh, I do that too.  They are a bit bigger and seem better than what you would get on Lobster night. 

Significantly so, size wise.  Not a huge lobster fan here, but have seen people in our group get the steak house option.

Having spent my previous cruise days (pre Carnival) sailing windjammer ships in Maine, eating lobster fresh on a deserted isand-what is so great about a frozen lobster?

Stop in a Caribbean restaurant in what ever port, and order a fresh Caribbean lobster.  All Tail, but fresh.

• Like 1

Can you order more than one tail on formal night lobster dinner like you can with the other dishes? So say you get the flat iron and lobster tail, can you have them bring a few tails instead of one? I'm a a big guy and one little tail isn't going to cut it. I was really looking forward to this since we are doing a 7 night next and I really like seafood. 

45 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Can you order more than one tail on formal night lobster dinner like you can with the other dishes? So say you get the flat iron and lobster tail, can you have them bring a few tails instead of one? I'm a a big guy and one little tail isn't going to cut it. I was really looking forward to this since we are doing a 7 night next and I really like seafood. 

Yes you may. Sometimes the wait staff come around with just extra lobsters on a platter and offer to add one or two to the plate you have without bringing you a whole new plate each time you want more. YMMV

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sanmarcosman said:

Yes you may. Sometimes the wait staff come around with just extra lobsters on a platter and offer to add one or two to the plate you have without bringing you a whole new plate each time you want more. YMMV

Awesome, thanks a bunch. Very helpful. Looking forward to formal night a little more now. At least I'll be eating well while being uncomfortable and hot....lol. 

11 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Having spent my previous cruise days (pre Carnival) sailing windjammer ships in Maine, eating lobster fresh on a deserted isand-what is so great about a frozen lobster?

Stop in a Caribbean restaurant in what ever port, and order a fresh Caribbean lobster.  All Tail, but fresh.

No doubt, a fresh caught lobster is no comparison to a frozen one.  

7 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Ive seen people order six to start out. 

Instead of considering it a cutback, consider it one of the many ways they were able to keep cruise fares affordable. As we've already discussed, there are plenty of gluttons who overdo it on the lobster. As much as the world hates fees, the $20 Lobster charge is far cheaper than many of the alternatives to get lobster on vacation.