Best Sale Ever and single rates

MKKruiser

I am solo on a cruise in Oct and I just paid the one add on. I booked under the cyber event so I kept my OBC, wine, dining and WiFi and got the gratuities and PBP for just $30/day. I'm not a big drinker (of any kind of beverage) but I figure I won't have much trouble drinking $15.50 worth since I can have a cocktail and a couple of bottles of water during the course of each day. And I can bring the wine home 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, jrcruisealong said:

I am solo on a cruise in Oct and I just paid the one add on. I booked under the cyber event so I kept my OBC, wine, dining and WiFi and got the gratuities and PBP for just $30/day. I'm not a big drinker (of any kind of beverage) but I figure I won't have much trouble drinking $15.50 worth since I can have a cocktail and a couple of bottles of water during the course of each day. And I can bring the wine home 🙂

Thanks that is the info I am looking for

Having a problem with TA not sure he is comprehending what I am saying 

• Haha 1

It is such a new thing, to combine perks after the booking, instead of refaring with a new slate -- even some Princess customer service phone reps were having trouble wrapping their heads around it! Although my CVP did it for two cruises/four cabins without even a phone call, just emails.

Give your TA this URL:

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/sales_marketing/PC_Best_Sale_Ever_Retro_Guidelines_FINAL.pdf

It is a page just for TA's from Princess, haha so we can see into their marketing ploys.

Edited by crystalspin

4 hours ago, jrcruisealong said:

Great news!  Did you call Princess directly or work with a TA?

50 minutes ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

Great news!  Did you call Princess directly or work with a TA?

I am working with a TA and she called me about it. There's another thread about this sale and someone posted the table with add on prices. It is a very active thread so it should still be on the first page of topics.

3 minutes ago, jrcruisealong said:

I am working with a TA and she called me about it. There's another thread about this sale and someone posted the table with add on prices. It is a very active thread so it should still be on the first page of topics.

I've scoured that thread already and asked about how it works for solo travelers (whether they have to pay double or not) but no one has responded and I couldn't find any other mention about how it was handled for solos except your response. 

1 minute ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

I've scoured that thread already and asked about how it works for solo travelers (whether they have to pay double or not) but no one has responded and I couldn't find any other mention about how it was handled for solos except your response. 

Basically, the add on is quoted per person but since there's only you, it is just the one charge. So depending on which add ons you want, you'll pay just $25, $30 or (I think) $40 per day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jrcruisealong said:

Basically, the add on is quoted per person but since there's only you, it is just the one charge. So depending on which add ons you want, you'll pay just $25, $30 or (I think) $40 per day.

That is what I was hoping but cruise fares are quoted per person also yet solos have to pay for two so I was dubious. 

Hi I am the original person posting this question.  My apologies for not responding sooner - difficulty using CC on my phone and away from my computer for a few days.  I thank all who responded.

So all is as I hoped it would be.  I was able to add on just the two things I needed (PBP and Internet) for the $25 for just me.

It was a bit of a bumpy road as princess had  my account a bit messed up and it was generating wrong information.  But TA got it straightened out.  This was a great deal for me.

-mk

• Like 5

Mary Kay!  Where are you headed???  We are going to Caribbean in Feb and June 2020.  I’ll be adding on two perks this weekend for the June cruise. We are doing Panama Canal in 21 and got it added to that one already.  Our last one booked right now is on the Discovery in Dec 21 so that one isn’t included.  I think this is a great sale!

Kari and the Colorado crew

6 hours ago, MKKruiser said:

Hi I am the original person posting this question.  My apologies for not responding sooner - difficulty using CC on my phone and away from my computer for a few days.  I thank all who responded.

I'm old. I would vastly rather work on my laptop than on a phone or tablet. Vastly easier.

• Like 3

Got it on the Enchanted TA but not the Majestic yet. Guess I'll trade the minibar for a bottle to bring home as I'll NEVER exceed daily limits (however gratuities + 2 glasses a day + latte exceeds $30 day)

And it was cheaper to just add on 🤑

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

Got it on the Enchanted TA but not the Majestic yet. Guess I'll trade the minibar for a bottle to bring home as I'll NEVER exceed daily limits (however gratuities + 2 glasses a day + latte exceeds $30 day)

And it was cheaper to just add on 🤑

Which Enchanted TA are you on??

20 hours ago, Id rather be diving said:

Mary Kay!  Where are you headed???  We are going to Caribbean in Feb and June 2020.  I’ll be adding on two perks this weekend for the June cruise. We are doing Panama Canal in 21 and got it added to that one already.  Our last one booked right now is on the Discovery in Dec 21 so that one isn’t included.  I think this is a great sale!

Kari and the Colorado crew

Hi!

What are the dates on all your trips. Are all family trips.  Sure would like to see you guys again.

Send me an email.

-mk

Going on Sky in April, several months ago purchased the 3 for free, single room, so already had paid gratuities, upgrade and $100 obc. Was able to add Wifi and drink package for just one person $25 per day, maintained perks from original purchase. Fabulous deal!!!

• Like 1

Thanks for this thread!  I sail as a single, going on a long Grand Adventure and when my TA sent it to me, I said, no thanks.

This thread made me think about it.  When I got a lower price, OBC, a dinner, wine, I lost the gratuities.  I was happy, price was over $1,500. less, plus obstructed  balcony.

Now checking math, gratuities plus PBP is a good deal.  A glass of wine (some of them) on my recent Sapphire cruise $9.00, do that plus some margaritas, and worth it!